Quick Question regarding Calculus I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyreaper

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have a quick question regarding Calc I as a prereq. I took Calc I at a community college and was wondering of I should take it again or go on to Calc II at my university. I mean, does it matter where you took Calc I when your applying to the top ten schools? My advisor says no; however, I have my doubts. I only need up to Calc I for my major (my school has accepted my community college credit), but I was wondering if it would effect my med admissions competitiveness.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

skyreaper said:
Hey guys...I have a quick question regarding Calc I as a prereq. I took Calc I at a community college and was wondering of I should take it again or go on to Calc II at my university. I mean, does it matter where you took Calc I when your applying to the top ten schools? My advisor says no; however, I have my doubts. I only need up to Calc I for my major (my school has accepted my community college credit), but I was wondering if it would effect my med admissions competitiveness.

Thanks in advance!

why are you taking II again??

I took it at a community college and got in to several schools with no trouble. If you did ok in Calc I, don't waste our time with calc II.