Quick Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by relentless11, Feb 11, 2002.

1. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys, just a quick question. Signing up right now for hte April MCAT......i would pretty much get my first choice for testing center right? Since its about 2 months prior to the test.

I took it last year, just forgot when i signed up for it. Thank you much!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    probably, but they fill up fast so hurry up :) lotsa people in my mcat clas had to drive pretty far

4. relentless11

relentless11 Going broke and loving it
    Moderator Emeritus

Pre-Medical
    Well i just submitted the online thing now so i guess i should be ok. If i don't get my first choice, is there anyway to petition for that test center? Since the next nearest one is nearly 100mi away this year for me!!

5. hard luck

hard luck Junior Member

actually.....i dont think that anything is guaranteed....last year my friends and i all signed up the first day possible and we got our first choice, and then a week before the mcat(or two weeks before) they bumped us to really bad locations. And you can't petition for your first spot I'm pretty sure. In my case, enough people ended up being bumped that at the last minute they opened up another spot...but i would be prepared for anything.

6. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

Depends where you are taking it too. Near me most people don't have problems getting their first choice. I would think you should be fine though....it's pretty early like you said.