Quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinker Creek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking all the full lengths that Kaplan offers, which is about 7. And these are all Kaplan's, not AAMC's. So is this enough, or should I buy the web version that AAMC offers for $80? Because I keep hearing practicing with aamc tests are better. Thanks.

Oh and the aamc tests that kaplan offers are at the center, and I don't like the idea of not having the explanations on hand.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely make the AAMC practice test purchases.

From what I hear, the questions you will find on them are most similar to what you will find on the actual MCAT.

No test prep company has been able to produce an MCAT that feels quite like the AAMC mcat to me... although many of them do make good practice tests. I'd be sure to do the real AAMCs too if I was going to buy them. But yeah more practice can't hurt, and Kaplan has a decent rep.

Be sure to only get exams that come with detailed solutions, which I think Kaplan does. Many ebay sellers trick you by giving you the answers but not the detailed solutions.

I agree with the above posters. Those $80 are going to give you the best picture of what the real MCAT is actually like. ALL of the answers to those questions make sense, while I've found the EK and TPR answer explanations to be consistently dubious, and in the case of TPR, completely wrong at times.