quick question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Googles

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the DAT ACADEMIC scoring....

do they add up EACH science section separately with the reading comp and quantitative reasoning AND then divide by 5...

OR

do they get your science average (average of the three scores) and then add that to your reading comp and QR and divide by 3...

it really does make a difference so i just want to make sure that i'm scoring my diagnostics correctly...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i don;t think anyone has a clue how they score. I don't think it is a direct average, I think that they weigh some sections more and some less (also remember that some sections have more questions then others). So I can;t answer your question. But i will sit down right now and average my scores up, and see if it works.

i took the DAT twice. I added up the PAT, Math, reading, bio, chem, orgo and divided by 6. This gave me my average score. Same with adding up the 3 sciences, it gave me my total science. Both these scores were rounded down. So i guess it is prety much an overall average.

maybe others can do the same (especially those in the 20's [not me]), and see if the average thing works.