quick question...

Googles

15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2002
    for the DAT ACADEMIC scoring....

do they add up EACH science section separately with the reading comp and quantitative reasoning AND then divide by 5...

OR

do they get your science average (average of the three scores) and then add that to your reading comp and QR and divide by 3...

it really does make a difference so i just want to make sure that i'm scoring my diagnostics correctly...

thanks!

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    2+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 1, 2001
    Calif
      i don;t think anyone has a clue how they score. I don't think it is a direct average, I think that they weigh some sections more and some less (also remember that some sections have more questions then others). So I can;t answer your question. But i will sit down right now and average my scores up, and see if it works.

steiner19er

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      2+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Dec 1, 2001
      Calif
        i took the DAT twice. I added up the PAT, Math, reading, bio, chem, orgo and divided by 6. This gave me my average score. Same with adding up the 3 sciences, it gave me my total science. Both these scores were rounded down. So i guess it is prety much an overall average.

maybe others can do the same (especially those in the 20's [not me]), and see if the average thing works.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.