QUICK QUESTion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juxer212

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
where can i find the program that lets me write on pdf files????

any info would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

You need to get the full version of Abobe Acrobat along with the plug ins, which is pretty expensive. Then you are able to download the PDF files and then convert them to a word document and then type right on them. Then you are able to save them back as a pdf, print them out and send them looking as exactly how you had them sent to you. :)

Actually, you can write on pdf files with just acrobat reader, which is a free download. However, you cannot save what you wrote. You just fill it in at one time and then print it. If you want to be able to save what you wrote, you need the full version. And you don't have to convert it to a Word file in that case, you just save it as a pdf file. But that way, you can fill in a little, save it, close it, and come back and do more later.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are referring to the pdf files that can be filled in (i.e. tufts secondary) then i believe you need acrobat 5. hope this helps

There is a place on line that you can send your files and they convert them to pdf and email them back to you. I can't remember the URL but you can find it doing a yahoo search. It is free for 30 or 90 days and after that you can just reregister with a different email address (I used my home one first then my school address)

Originally posted by TraumaDR
You need to get the full version of Abobe Acrobat along with the plug ins, which is pretty expensive. Then you are able to download the PDF files and then convert them to a word document and then type right on them. Then you are able to save them back as a pdf, print them out and send them looking as exactly how you had them sent to you. :)

my kind of SDNer....a first post that is helping someone else! :love: