Quick Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncguy2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just not feeling like I'm ready to take the MCAT...I'm scheduled for June 13th, so it's too late to reschedule. If I don't show up to the test, is the test considered voided? I know thats a dumb question, but I just don't feel ready...

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey.. I feel ya! I'm not sure of what the best option is in this situation but if there's no way to cancel it, then just go ahead and take the exam. If you feel like you did well then KEEP IT! Else you can always void your exam at the end of it. However, I don't know if that will be on your record or not for sure. Hope that helps

I'm just not feeling like I'm ready to take the MCAT...I'm scheduled for June 13th, so it's too late to reschedule. If I don't show up to the test, is the test considered voided? I know thats a dumb question, but I just don't feel ready...

Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated...

bailin on the test should not be going through your head. its too late to reschedule, your 200 bucks is gone. take the test, you may surprise yourself. and if you do poorly, then void it. not showing up accomplishes nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took aamc 8 today and got a 26 on it 9 9 8...

It really killed my will to do this...I just tried to cram too much into 6 weeks of studying. I managed to work through all the material twice, but I didn't do nearly enough practice problems.

I feel like I need another month, and even thinking about going to this test makes me a little sick. I may just go to see what the MCAT is like and then void it, but if I don't show is it the same as a void?

It really killed my will to do this...I just tried to cram too much into 6 weeks of studying. I managed to work through all the material twice, but I didn't do nearly enough practice problems.

I feel like I need another month, and even thinking about going to this test makes me a little sick. I may just go to see what the MCAT is like and then void it, but if I don't show is it the same as a void?

I actually did not show up for a MCAT i scheduled last year. I called and asked if its going to be on my record and if medical school's will be able to see that i was a no-show. I was told that they wont be able to see the no-show and i cant see it in my score history either.

i dont see why it wouldnt be...unless there is some punishment for not showing up. but why would they care, they still collect your 200 dollars.

seriously, you gain absolutely nothing from not showing up. if you go, you still have the potential to do well. if you dont feel you did well, then void it and the schools will never know you took it. it makes zero sense not to show up. think about it. just take a deep breath and try to relax. theres nothing wrong with taking it again if you have to. but you HAVE to show up.

Alright..well then I'm going to take it..and study this week like Friday is the day...but most likely void.

I'll get the "first time" nerves out of the way...I guess that could be an advantage.

Also...if I take and do decide to keep my scores... can I notify the medical schools if I decide to retake? My premed advisor said no...but I was wondering if anyone else has done that?

Yesterday killed me I got an 8 on the verbal after getting an 11 on AAMC 7....I dunno what happened, but I just couldn't focus and understand what I was reading...needless to say yesterday was probably the most depressing day of my studying for the mcat...stupid 26