Quick & stupid Jefferson secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvshelat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you go over the 500 word limit, or does it cut you off like AMCAS? I'm at like 512 on Word and you can't cut and paste into the secondary, so I figured Id ask before typing out all the words. don't really feel like editing for 12 words... :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it words or characters? I don't remember. Just be warned that the application will log you off if you take more than 10 minutes to do it.

tigress said:
Is it words or characters? I don't remember. Just be warned that the application will log you off if you take more than 10 minutes to do it.

What?! Jesus, thats a typing contest!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ya it was 500 characters (ie, useless to even write anything).

If you simply cannot cut it down, just mail the statement to the Office of Admissions. They look over everything you send and will include it with your application.

Tha Fly

nvshelat said:
Can you go over the 500 word limit, or does it cut you off like AMCAS? I'm at like 512 on Word and you can't cut and paste into the secondary, so I figured Id ask before typing out all the words. don't really feel like editing for 12 words... :oops:

Nas23, Jeff doesn't have any essays. They have an optional section to write any additional information, and you can write up to 500 characters. But nothing other than that.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't cut you off if you go over the 500 character limit by a couple hundred...someone want to correct meo n this?

one more question...why does it say on the application not to cut and paste? would that ruin the formatting or something???