Quit SDN upon acceptance to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will you quit SDN upon acceptance?

• Yes

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheEgoicMind

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will you quit SDN once you're accepted into dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely not! I plan to stay and help future pre-dents through my own experiences : )

Members don't see this ad :)
I love SDN. SDN has inspired me and pushed me and helped learn so much along this way.

Without SDN, I honestly believe I would not have succeeded this far. The sad truth is that most counselors are not very good at their jobs, and its really hard to find good advice and support.

My future plan is to donate money to SDN and for the immediate time, I hope to continue to not only help other pre dents with advice and stuff. Maybe even hosting interviewees when they come my dental school (considering some really cool SDNers hosted me this year).

ROCK ON SDN.

I love SDN. SDN has inspired me and pushed me and helped learn so much along this way.

Without SDN, I honestly believe I would not have succeeded this far. The sad truth is that most counselors are not very good at their jobs, and its really hard to find good advice and support.

My future plan is to donate money to SDN and for the immediate time, I hope to continue to not only help other pre dents with advice and stuff. Maybe even hosting interviewees when they come my dental school (considering some really cool SDNers hosted me this year).

ROCK ON SDN.
oscar-forest-speech.jpg

There should be a maybe. Only a sith deals in absolutes.

I will use SDN less, how about that? I am pretty sure I don't need advice on how to pay a deposit or find an apartment to live in.

I will use SDN less, how about that? I am pretty sure I don't need advice on how to pay a deposit or find an apartment to live in.

+1

SDN isn't quite as interesting once you start school.

I'd still love to give others advice though if I could. But still, this website has to stop being my time suck.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a pretty active Dental and NBDE forum here. You can't escape SDN! :smuggrin:
And who knows? You might even become a lifetime donor, senior mod, and 5+yr member of SDN in addition to becoming a dentist.

I did. For the most part.
Of course D1 pretty much forced my hand.

Trying to split time between gross, waxing, biochem, histo, 50 min commute (one way without traffic), 3.5 year old son, wife, and family: yea, SDN took a back burner.

Trying to split time between gross, waxing, biochem, histo, 50 min commute (one way without traffic), 3.5 year old son, wife, and family: yea, SDN took a back burner.

I mean, from what I hear about D1, it sounds understandable!

Wow, that's a lot to take on. Good for you for doing it though.

I was all over SDN pre-dental before getting accepted, and I never intended to stop using it...but, dental school kind of takes over your life, and you will find yourself using it less and less. I look at the dental forums occasionally, and trust me, you'll be back anyway- the NBDE section can be your best friend around boards! Good luck to all those eagerly awaiting the Dec. 1st decisions! :D

I'm not going to quit SDN but sorry pre-dental forums, I'm taking my talents to the dental forums :D

I was all over SDN pre-dental before getting accepted, and I never intended to stop using it...but, dental school kind of takes over your life, and you will find yourself using it less and less.
I hear my classmates say this often. I encourage all of you to continue to contribute to SDN throughout dental school. SDN did a lot for me as a pre-dent and, I presume, it did a lot for you too. As you gain more experience over the years as a dental student, you become more and more helpful to the SDN community. Unfortunately, this usually coincides with a drop in forum participation.

I think of dentists that constantly contribute here and I wish we had more of them...

Congrats on the acceptances today everybody!!