This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
My research is on gut colonization with mutli-drug resistant bacteria...It's honestly a built-in excuse.
You: "Yeah I got C. diff. I won't be in for a week"
Boss: "I don't know if you're joking or not but I don't want to risk a lawsuit calling you on it"

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_6096.JPG
These sick days are rough...

Reactions: 12 users
Giving 2 weeks on tuesday
See yall at the beach :)

Reactions: 1 user
Gets my seal of approval. I hate to believe in the hype but the sculpin IPA is solid
Plz tell me that username is referenced to fly fishing and not spin

Members don't see this ad :)
Plz tell me that username is referenced to fly fishing and not spin
All spin and conventional. I do 95% saltwater. Inshore and offshore so I never had much use for fly fishing. Definitely want to learn at some point though for the little bit of trout fishing I do.

When you been working all year and treat yourself to a brand new MacBook Pro 2016 then you get off the WL at your #1 school and they recently changed their computer requirements forcing you to buy a pre-configured Dell latitude laptop.. :(

Reactions: 4 users
When you been working all year and treat yourself to a brand new MacBook Pro 2016 then you get off the WL at your #1 school and they recently changed their computer requirements forcing you to buy a pre-configured Dell latitude laptop.. :(
Sounds like good beer money stash or vacation money?

I'm planning on quitting as soon as possible when I find a replacement job.
Update: didn't find a new job. All I know in life is suffering and pain.

The misspelling in your handle makes me mildly infuriated

I already used my free name change, so I left it.

I've been on here over a year and you're the first one to notice it! (Or maybe others have ignored it?) Either way, good eye lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just put in my 2 weeks at my job! So bittersweet. I'm a little nervous i am going to really slack off though (tardies, conduct, etc) and get fired.

Reactions: 3 users
Recently quit my scribing job. Life is so sweet- all this free time!

Three more weeks until I'm finished with my scribing job. Can't wait!

DONE!!!! Time for all day video games, comic books, coffee, beer and NBA finals watching!!!! And like moving stuff but I'm not gonna think about that right now lolol :soexcited::woot:

We are just now interviewing for my replacement (and don't get me started on how long their on boarding and training might take).....why do I purposely torture myself by reading this thread on the daily?!!

Reactions: 2 users
Free from labor, boys. Off to eat some pho, watch Alien, and play Overwatch until August.

I want to quit already but I also need the $$$....:oops:

Just put in my 2 weeks at my job! So bittersweet. I'm a little nervous i am going to really slack off though (tardies, conduct, etc) and get fired.

So weird update to this. Boss pulled me into office this morning. Wanted me to work right up until day of move-in (Late July). Offered $2/Hr Raise.

I've got a day or two to think about it but its weird position to be in. The cheap side of me wants to work as long as possible. The YOLO side of me know that I have enough money to enjoy my summer before the hell begins.

I work as an EMT so its not like I'll get a chance to enjoy my summer while working. Probably will be scheduled holidays, weekends etc.

3 1/2 weeks left. CANT WAIT

Next week is my last week! Sooo done with the pipeting life!!

So weird update to this. Boss pulled me into office this morning. Wanted me to work right up until day of move-in (Late July). Offered $2/Hr Raise.

I've got a day or two to think about it but its weird position to be in. The cheap side of me wants to work as long as possible. The YOLO side of me know that I have enough money to enjoy my summer before the hell begins.

I work as an EMT so its not like I'll get a chance to enjoy my summer while working. Probably will be scheduled holidays, weekends etc.

I say YOLO.

Gets my seal of approval. I hate to believe in the hype but the sculpin IPA is solid

$2 an hour? Woof. You will be amazed how soon you don't care about that once you get past the end date you already decided on. Not to mention once you start school. Team YOLO.

You can always compromise with your cheap self and ask for a $2 raise to stay to the end of June.

I quit mine last week and I'm loving every minute of it! Still volunteering to keep me somewhat focused though haha

$2 an hour? Woof. You will be amazed how soon you don't care about that once you get past the end date you already decided on. Not to mention once you start school. Team YOLO.

You can always compromise with your cheap self and ask for a $2 raise to stay to the end of June.

$2raise on $11 is a pretty big jump lolz I'm slowly coming to the YOLO side

Quit my job a week ago and have no idea what day of the week it is #YOLO

Quitting my job in one week had the countdown going for the past 6 months

Reactions: 4 users
Friday is my last dayyyyy! This week seems interminably long.

Reactions: 8 users
Been waiting MONTHS to post in here, today is my last day!! :biglove:

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.