Quitting a tutoring/mentorship activity or sticking through for sake of LOR?

riseNshine

5+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a tutoring/mentorship activity for disadvantaged youth and I love it,but was thinking of quitting a couple weeks earlier than the timeframe I agreed to do it. Have been in it for a year and it will be one of the major activities on my app. Will adcoms expect a letter from my supervisor or is it okay to quit early? I probably wouldn't ask for a LOR considering I'm leaving the program earlier than I agreed to, wouldn't want any of that to be included.

I'm also quitting so I can get more time for academics.

Thanks

AktionPOTENTIAL

Jan 28, 2013
    1. Pre-Medical
      Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a tutoring/mentorship activity for disadvantaged youth and I love it,but was thinking of quitting a couple weeks earlier than the timeframe I agreed to do it. Have been in it for a year and it will be one of the major activities on my app. Will adcoms expect a letter from my supervisor or is it okay to quit early? I probably wouldn't ask for a LOR considering I'm leaving the program earlier than I agreed to, wouldn't want any of that to be included.

I'm also quitting so I can get more time for academics.

Thanks

Two weeks early?! I'd suggest you stick to your commitment. It will pay off. Actually, if I were you, I wouldn't quit, period; I'd probably find a way to lower my hours though. The reason is such long term commitments long really good on your application.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.