Quitting Clinical Research Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I posted recently how I'm moving because my SO lives in another state. I assumed this would be months from now. However, things have changed. I'm honestly sick of how one of my bosses treats me. I tried consenting someone who was not interested at all but gave me a BS excuse as to why she doesn't want to consent (one of the risks). This is what people do when they're not interested.

Then my boss texts me about how I'm not taking it seriously, etc. I'm done. I've been here 6AM-5PM (paid for 8 hours) and was here all day yesterday (unpaid) calling patients but I'm not taking it seriously.

I'm going to give my notice, but my question is.. how? I don't want to leave my other boss hanging (different department) or the studied who are due to be done soon (abstracts in March)?

How do I make this look better on job apps? I'll probably live off of postmating deliveries and possibly Lyft for awhile, if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

So I posted recently how I'm moving because my SO lives in another state. However, things have changed. I'm honestly sick of how one of my bosses treats me. I tried consenting someone who was not interested at all but gave me a BS excuse as to why she doesn't want to consent (one of the risks). This is what people do when they're not interested.

Then my boss texts me about how I'm not taking it seriously, etc. I'm done. I've been here 6AM-5PM and was here all day yesterday (unpaid) calling patient but I'm not taking it seriously.

I'm going to give my notice, but my question is.. how? I don't want to leave my other boss hanging (different department) or the studied who are due to be done soon (abstracts in March)?
Email or in-person followed up with email to face it in writing: "thank you for bringing me on board, I've learned a lot during my time here. Unfortunately, I have found another position (doesn't have to be true) and I will have to leave. This can be considered my two weeks' notice"

Two weeks notice specifically intended to not leave anyone hanging. Don't feel bad, do what's best for you.

Reactions: 1 user