qvault RC has consistent faulty logic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehonya

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Something like this has happened atleast once on every test I've taken for qvault RC section. Am I wrong or are they wrong?

HmqlllB.png

i cannot see how the answer can POSSIBLY be D. Structuralism can be analyzed through a system of signs? That's not what the passage says at all. The structuralism movement according to the passage, holds that HUMAN SOCIETIES can be analyzed as a system of signs. Since structuralism is NOT a human society how can D be correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Bear in mind that I haven't even started my DAT prep, but D is the only answer that makes sense to me from those choices. More mundane critiques?? That certainly doesn't make sense. If structuralism is based on the larger picture and signs, then how would analyzing signs not give you a better understanding of structuralism?

yeah what you said makes sense if you haven't read the rest of the passage. the author goes on to say that structuralism led to criticism of the historian's narrative because it made them blind to the more subtle nuances of the interplay between various factors (socioeconomic, political, culture, etc).