R&R manuscript has been "Reviews Completed" for over a month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLRN

Reaction score
Hi all,

In short, I submitted a manuscript in mid-summer 2020, reviews were received in Dec 2020, and the editor made a R&R decision in March 2021 (I ended up contacting the journal admin politely asking for an update after waiting 2.5 months and 2 weeks later I received the decision of a R&R). I resubmitted 20 days after receiving reviewer comments (with 10 days to spare). Reviews for this second round of edits were completed in mid-April. It has been about a month and half with the editor.

The journal has a fairly good IF (~3.0) and I don't want to make the editor mad, but was wondering when it might be appropriate to follow up with the admin again about a timeline to give a friendly nudge.

Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

In short, I submitted a manuscript in mid-summer 2020, reviews were received in Dec 2020, and the editor made a R&R decision in March 2021 (I ended up contacting the journal admin politely asking for an update after waiting 2.5 months and 2 weeks later I received the decision of a R&R). I resubmitted 20 days after receiving reviewer comments (with 10 days to spare). Reviews for this second round of edits were completed in mid-April. It has been about a month and half with the editor.

The journal has a fairly good IF (~3.0) and I don't want to make the editor mad, but was wondering when it might be appropriate to follow up with the admin again about a timeline to give a friendly nudge.

Thanks so much
I'd say you're definitely well within your rights to send a polite inquiry at this point.

Reactions: 1 user