R there any Jamaican or Caribbean pre-med/med students here??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iluvdeadppl

Forensic Path is gr8
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jus wanted to kno how much of us r out there??
Wat skool r ya'll at n wat do u guys wanna study :)
i luv wen my ppl r doin sumn gr8:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously...
isnt there any1 there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah mon! Any Jamaicans in da house? :D

(I just always wanted to do a "Yah mon." Don't hate me now.)

Yardie here but I am done with medical school and residency. Finishing fellowship.

My family is from the Carribean.. Pre-med and living the dream...

You have to love anal pre meds.
Anyway I am a FOB (fresh off of BEEWEE), well I was three years ago.

:oops::Dwhats up? parents from jamaica and barbados....:love::love::thumbup:

bump!

i was going to start a thread looking for any chinese jamaicans out there! i can't be the only one :)

Yeah. These threads are awesome we definitely need more.

they're much better than people whining about dropping B's and college freshmen freaking out about nonsense.

fo sho.

Over here.... part of the St. Catherine/ Kingston massive!!!!!!!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
my mom is from jamaica. I just got accepted 2 med school.
I love the caribbean culture. I'm the secretary of the caribbean club @ my school

Trini to de bone!

Not sure where I'm going yet- still trying to decide once all the financials come in.

...Jamaica Queens.:smuggrin:

Jus wanted to kno how much of us r out there??
Wat skool r ya'll at n wat do u guys wanna study :)
i luv wen my ppl r doin sumn gr8:cool:

Where the h*ll did you learn to spell like a ******?

Its actually slang. I'm sure the OP can spell. And even if, why are you getting so worked up about it :eek:? Lighten up dude.

Where the h*ll did you learn to spell like a ******?

I didn't know that mental ******ation prevented an individual from being able to spell. Stop being an anti-slangite and reeelaaaaax.

another yardie here...good luck to those applying this year. sweetshauna i see u have some sweet interviews..good job..

Now this is my kind of thread. My parents are from Jamaica and Barbados. I tend to lean more on the JA side.

And I'm from Queens too!!

I spent 3.5 months in Barbados. By the time I left, my host family said I qualified as Bajan. Seriously, I'm from NY, but I'd move there in a heartbeat.

I took a Caribbean Culture and Politics class and have read fairly extensively on Haiti. Alas, I've never been but I find the area fascinating. First real site of "globalization" and an amazing diversity of creolized cultures. Nevertheless, there still seems to be very strong and shared regional identity.

yeah man...reppin Haiti to the fullest! :D...came here when i was real young...like 4...

Sak genyen, sglec? Ou pale kreyol?

...From Cuba/Barbadoas here.

Wah Gwan!! Jamaican Massive:):D....I'm Jamaican born and raised but I live in Queens now!!:D I'm in the interview process right now hope I get in!! Good Luck to all my fellow Jamaicans/Caribbeans.

My mom's half of the family is Jamaican but I grew up in Florida. Been there a couple of times.

another Haitian in the building...Sak passe people??
been to Haiti a few times, def want to go back...:thumbup:

Another Trini here! Applying this cycle and still interviewing although I have some acceptances and waitlists but it's all good.

Good luck to all my West Indians!

Bless! LOL

P.S. Any Trinis going home for Carnival? Pack me in ya'll suitcase nah. Ah real jealous :p