Racism, Guns, Politics, Religion, etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really debated creating this thread but I believe it needs to be here. Sure we all don't agree on all these things but they do need to be debated and while they might be inflamatory to one person they also represent the opinion of another. As long as it relates to pharmacy I dont see a problem running a thread with controversial subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

There is an entire subform for discussing that stuff if you’d like to join in

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m anti-politics and anti-racism. Undecided on the others.

Reactions: 3 users
I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.....and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Reactions: 1 user
So what are you wanting to discuss or what’s your question? You just made a vague post with no context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post is meant to be vague and in particular to pharmacy. For example, should states allow customers to carry concealed firearms into hospitals or pharmacies? I included the other topics as general subjects and there are subforums that don't address pharmacy.

Let's get this thing rolling... because regulating opioids has worked out so well for us.

:D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When it is tougher to fill ClaratinD and Accutane than Oxycotin then we have a problem.

Reactions: 4 users
Really debated creating this thread but I believe it needs to be here. Sure we all don't agree on all these things but they do need to be debated and while they might be inflamatory to one person they also represent the opinion of another. As long as it relates to pharmacy I dont see a problem running a thread with controversial subjects.

Why don't you state your opinion then or did you just want to eat popcorn and watch?

Why don't you state your opinion then or did you just want to eat popcorn and watch?
Could have stated many opinions about many things but trying to get a read on current landscape.

Could have stated many opinions about many things but trying to get a read on current landscape.

Well state one, get the ball rolling.

I will see your accutane and raise you clozaril.

EDIT: I am not aware of ClaratinD being hard to fill though?
Just saying a patient can only purchase so much pseudoephrine in a given time but opiates have much more latitide.

How about open or concealed firearms in pharmacy for everyone. Good or Bad?

Just saying a patient can only purchase so much pseudoephrine in a given time but opiates have much more latitide.

But anyone can purchase primatene or bronkaid and get the good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't have one. Have pros and cons for both. Looking for recommendations and what others have seen work or not work.

Clearly you just want an argument to start.

But a legal script invalidates the purchase limit for pseudoephedrine...
Missed my point. There seems to be more laws for pseudoephedrine than opiates.

But a legal script invalidates the purchase limit for pseudoephedrine...

If anything, it's easier, just send in the smurfs

So what are the pros and cons?
Biggest pro that I have heard is that they feel safer in public and the biggest con that I have heard is some can walk in and use one to rob.

Biggest pro that I have heard is that they feel safer in public and the biggest con that I have heard is some can walk in and use one to rob.

I could also just say I have a gun and walgreens says just give them what they want.

I could also just say I have a gun and walgreens says just give them what they want.
Do you feel safe with that policy or if worse comes to worse and they jump the counter and point a gun at you?

Do you feel safe with that policy or if worse comes to worse and they jump the counter and point a gun at you?
And how do you propose we change this?

Should we be behind bulletproof glass?

I personally don't live my life afraid.

I'm not looking to change it. Just getting a pulse on how pharmacists feel about this issue.

I'm not looking to change it. Just getting a pulse on how pharmacists feel about this issue.

Clearly as you can see, no one cares

Missed my point. There seems to be more laws for pseudoephedrine than opiates.
This could've been a good thread if you were actually capable of making well thought out, salient points for argument.

1.) You can't just walk up and buy oxy by showing your license. It's still otc with a quantity limit

2.) If an Rx is present, you could fill an Rx for 10,000 tablets with no problem.

That's hardly "more laws"

1.) You can't just walk up and buy oxy by showing your license. It's still otc with a quantity limit

Funny typo, you know there are a lot of people who wish they could buy oxy as easily as they buy Claritin-D.

To, the OP, concerning racism, guns, politics, religion.....these are all bad in a pharmacy. Whether or not people want to do them in their own home on their own time is up to them. Actually, I suppose if it's an independent pharmacist owner, then s/he can do whatever they want (within the confines of the law.)

While guns make sense for home defense, in a business situation, they open up a liability, which makes them not worth the risk (which is why most businesses ban their employees from having them.) An example, is that Jerome Ersland who is serving life in prison for killing an armed robber....his murder conviction stems from him going back and firing a fatal shot at the robber, after he had already shot the robber and the robber was disabled on the ground. Ersland knew how to handle a gun, but he didn't understand the rules about when it was legal to shoot (or because he was a pharmacist and not a police officer, he panicked in the heat of the moment.) He was an independent pharmacy owner, so it was his own business to lose, but chains (or hospitals) don't want employees like that opening them up to a massive wrongful death lawsuit.

To, the OP, concerning racism, guns, politics, religion.....these are all bad in a pharmacy. Whether or not people want to do them in their own home on their own time is up to them. Actually, I suppose if it's an independent pharmacist owner, then s/he can do whatever they want (within the confines of the law.)

While guns make sense for home defense, in a business situation, they open up a liability, which makes them not worth the risk (which is why most businesses ban their employees from having them.) An example, is that Jerome Ersland who is serving life in prison for killing an armed robber....his murder conviction stems from him going back and firing a fatal shot at the robber, after he had already shot the robber and the robber was disabled on the ground. Ersland knew how to handle a gun, but he didn't understand the rules about when it was legal to shoot (or because he was a pharmacist and not a police officer, he panicked in the heat of the moment.) He was an independent pharmacy owner, so it was his own business to lose, but chains (or hospitals) don't want employees like that opening them up to a massive wrongful death lawsuit.
There was also a psych doc (in tx?) who was carrying against hospital policy when a patient came in and opened fire on staff. The doc was able to exchange fire and stop the patient.

Don’t know if they kept their job or not but they likely saved lives

LOL, Ersland's case was clear cut murder.

You don't have to be a police officer, which I'm assuming you're referencing because you consider them to be well trained, to realize that administering a coup de gras is murder.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that all police officers are Jason Bournes that don't panic.

This seems like inconsistent with reality.

That's silly and a total non-point.

Furthermore, most states with castle laws in place explicitly protect against civil liability in justified shootings that take place inside of a premises under the control of the victim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't mind discussing things like this. It's just that the only people that do are always ideologues. And their opinions are easily predictable. So it becomes boring.

I don't mind discussing things like this. It's just that the only people that do are always ideologues. And their opinions are easily predictable. So it becomes boring.

You mean every anti-gun person?

Yes I am sure that is what he meant. It couldn’t be that he thinks both sides have ideologues.

Nope anti-gun logic is so flawed it's quite hilarious.

... Isn't that circular logic?

I do agree with you though.

They always seem to devolve into political memes and not fruitful discussion