RACISM IN PHARMACY EDUCATION - SOUTH COLLEGE, TN (a case study in Racism) - Black Lives Matter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The student messed up and paid dearly for it.

And pulled the race card even though she said there's 3 other black students in her class.

Members don't see this ad.

And pulled the race card even though she said there's 3 other black students in her class.

I am not on board this statement. She doesn’t have to be the only black student in order for her to have been discriminated against.

Reactions: 1 user
I am not on board this statement. She doesn’t have to be the only black student in order for her to have been discriminated against.

Why didn't she call it racism when she posted in 2014 then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why didn't she call it racism when she posted in 2014 then?
I don't think they mean that they believe this person in particular was necessarily discriminated against, rather that saying there's other people of the same race in the class isn't a valid argument to say someone can't be discriminated against.

Reactions: 2 users
I would rather err on the side of caution with things like this and take the [potential victim's] statements at face value, having been a victim of discrimination myself. It's a very sensitive topic, and I believe it is important to not simply dismiss someone when they claim to be the victim of bigotry. Even before someone posted a link to the court documents, people instantly took a hostile and skeptical stance towards the OP.

One very insidious form that discrimination can take is accusing the victim of being incompetent or doing something wrong. I've stated my personal experience on the first page of this thread, but the HS school administrators that were actively discriminating against me based on my sexual orientation and gender identity were doing so by claiming that I was a "troublemaker." However, in a more private setting they made absolutely clear what they thought of me with respect to the LGBT stuff.

It's called gaslighting, a form of emotional abuse.

Last edited:
I would rather err on the side of caution with things like this and take the [potential victim's] statements at face value, having been a victim of discrimination myself. It's a very sensitive topic, and I believe it is important to not simply dismiss someone when they claim to be the victim of bigotry. Even before someone posted a link to the court documents, people instantly took a hostile and skeptical stance towards the OP.

One very insidious form that discrimination can take is accusing the victim of being incompetent or doing something wrong. I've stated my personal experience on the first page of this thread, but the HS school administrators that were actively discriminating against me based on my sexual orientation and gender identity were doing so by claiming that I was a "troublemaker." However, in a more private setting they made absolutely clear what they thought of me with respect to the LGBT stuff.

It's called gaslighting, a form of emotional abuse.
She claimed to be discriminated against after being dismissed from her program due to unprofessional conduct. Then proceeded to post a ranting narrative with the full names of people that she went to school with.

People were dismissive because she's already showing questionable judgement and fairly unprofessional conduct. Pair that with how hard it (typically) is to dismiss someone from a professional program and it's not hard to see why we didn't take her seriously from the beginning.

Sent from my HD1925 using SDN mobile

Why is this still open? OP is never going to respond and will just create a new account with different excuses once again in a year

Because if I close it people will complain lol

How about remove the OP as a troll account?

Or let Carol is alpha stay next time!!!!

Why is this still open? OP is never going to respond and will just create a new account with different excuses once again in a year

Why close threads at all? If this thread was closed early on then we wouldn't have seen the links to her court case which showed us both sides to the story. If it was closed after that, then we wouldn't have seen the links to all of her previous threads. Each new posts gives us more information, insight and debate than before.

Maybe we should close the investment thread that you're so active in since you like closing threads so much? It has nothing to do with pharmacy and is full of politics and arguing.

Reactions: 1 users
Why close threads at all? If this thread was closed early on then we wouldn't have seen the links to her court case which showed us both sides to the story. If it was closed after that, then we wouldn't have seen the links to all of her previous threads. Each new posts gives us more information, insight and debate than before.

Maybe we should close the investment thread that you're so active in since you like closing threads so much? It has nothing to do with pharmacy and is full of politics and arguing.
I could care less if that thread is shut down.

Because if I close it people will complain lol

People are complaining because posters who shouldn't have been banned were banned instead of just getting a slap on the wrist. No one would care if these kind of stupid threads get deleted or closed.

Not saying this in a snide manner btw.

all things aside seems like the poster is doing pretty well for herself now lol as she mentioned on this thread and if you looked at her linkedin

all things aside seems like the poster is doing pretty well for herself now lol as she mentioned on this thread and if you looked at her linkedin
That is the positive thing is that OP went through John Hopkins and is applying to Harvard. I doubt she will have any problem getting a job with the career she is pursuing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP should read all the posts here and be thankful that she didn't become a corporate "Slave" that soon. She actually dodged a bullet matrix style by not becoming a pharmacist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The OP should read all the posts here and be thankful that she didn't become a corporate "Slave" that soon. She actually dodged a bullet matrix style by not becoming a pharmacist

I would say Neo dodged them much more smoothly.

More like she dodged a bullet from getting unemployed. The school she went too is a diploma mill in TN, a state with six pharmacy schools

This clearly seems like a bunch of errors on the OP's part. If she had actually went to the wrong place and thought the store was closed then 1) best course of action would be to wait there until they ope