Radiation exposure facts flyer/poster for dental offices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fug

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to showcase a project I've been working on here for anyone who might be interested. I decided to design a colorful informational flyer and poster that compares the small amount of radiation exposure from dental radiographic procedures to other common sources, like flying in a plane.

I initially started this in reaction to a study that came out last year purporting to link dental radiographs to meningioma risk, which was subsequently blown way out of proportion by major media outlets.

I am offering it in 3 formats:

1) an 8.5x11 inch laminated flyer, made for operatory use. It is small enough to be stored out of sight and is meant to be used as a teaching aid to answer questions from patients when they arise.

2) an 11x17 inch poster

3) an 18x24 inch poster

I have attached a preview of the design here showing 3 different color schemes. If anyone is interested in ordering a copy or two, or if you just have any questions about this project, feel free to shoot me a private message or reply here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 1_poster_design.pdf
    125.6 KB · Views: 141
Members don't see this ad :)
Very cool. Just out of curosity, where do the facts/numbers come from?

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

The facts and figures are all cited at the bottom (really hard to see in the preview): the websites of the American Nuclear Society, National Research Council, and Vermont State Department of Health.

I have another version that includes extra info about panoramics as well, but so far I haven't made one for conebeam. From what I can tell, it's much harder to determine an "average" dose from conebeams because of all the variations in manufacturer specifications and user preferences. Bitewings are pretty much just a point-and-click kind of thing, so the procedure and equipment are much more standardized.