radiation hazards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OwlMyste

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have sometimes thought about being a radiologic technologist or a radiaion therapist, but what concerns me is the radiation hazards involved. I don't want the radiation to have any adverse effects on my fertility. any safety that is taken to make sure that the adverse effects wont happen? what are the odds of any adverse effects on the radiologic technologist/radiation therapist? any comments that is relevant to the subject title that will help ease my fears and concerns? I know the pay is well...

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you always wear a tag (sometimes several tags in different locations) that measure the amount of radiation you're exposed to. I believe the maximum limit that you can be exposed to is calculated to carry the risk of getting hurt on a typical job. The job they picked was school teacher. So you're just as likely to get hurt by the amount of radiation as you are getting hurt on the job as a school teacher.

I know some school systems where that is NOT an acceptable level of risk. They'd basically have to fry you to match it. ;)

Hoping the picked a nice quiet 'burb for their test school system,
P