Radiation Onc Electives for Med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueSkyNY

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im interested in taking electives in Radiation Oncology. I would like to know if any of you have experience with this...preferably in NY, Boston, possibly California. I have been interested in radiation for a while but Id like a great place where I can learn a great deal and meet nice people who would appreciate my work ethic and help me with the application process if they like what they see....

please please let me know i f you have any suggestions...i keep googleing here and there but Im very confused as to which places are good.
thank you
:love:

Members don't see this ad.

There is a thread on this forum that describes most of the well-thought of programs in the country. You probably won't go wrong rotating at any of the so called top ten.

Hey, I did the southern cali tour actually... UCLA, UCI and USC.... all have pluses and minuses, but I have to warn you, Cali likes to stick with their own... and if I am not mistaken, NY is the same way so you may be best off sticking to NY. My suggestion would be if you have good scores and some research published, I'd do only two electives in Rad Onc, go to MSKCC and get a letter from the chair. If you are hell bent if getting into Rad Onc, and I don't know your app info yet, I would do the second one at an easier program to get into, like NY Presbiterian, so you run the gammit. Don't get me wrong, they are all great programs! MSKCC in top notch and NYP is great too, but a letter from MSKCC chair would take you far.

Wait a sec... help with the application process? What do you mean? Are you needing a H1b visa?