Radiation Oncology Interest Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navigator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some classmates and I have started an interest group at my medical school to galvanize interest in the many subspecialties of oncology, including radiation oncology, which I'm personally interested in. I'm reaching out to you all to ask for your input on funding. Who should we reach out to to get more funding? We saw that ASCO offers funding to new med student interest groups and that is something we will pursue. How did you raise money in medical school for your interest groups? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Some classmates and I have started an interest group at my medical school to galvanize interest in the many subspecialties of oncology, including radiation oncology, which I'm personally interested in. I'm reaching out to you all to ask for your input on funding. Who should we reach out to to get more funding? We saw that ASCO offers funding to new med student interest groups and that is something we will pursue. How did you raise money in medical school for your interest groups? Thanks!

What would the funds be used for?

What would the funds be used for?

They would be used to finance networking events/panels with residents and attendings, lunch seminars with visiting scholars and clinicians, and to partly invest in a patient support program we're bringing to our health science center called FitSTEPS for Life! We're also offering sign-ups for medical students to local tumor boards and case conferences and intend to establish a scholarship so students could present their research at regional and national conferences.