radiation therapist? Advice please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marishka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone... i'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm in the middle of a crossroads and i just need some advice. I'm 24 and have a BA in liberal arts. I was pre-med and changed my major because i didn't want to become a doctor. I always wanted to help people with cancer but not by being a doctor. I didn't know about radiation therapy and the other kinds of fields within healthcare. Anyways, my question is how do i start to being a radiation therapist with a liberal arts background? Do i have to get another bachlors or do a two year program? I live in california and i don't think there are a lot of programs... HOw is the schooling like? alot of chemistry? math? science? lastly, how is it like being a radiation therapist? what's your day like? any kind of advice will help. please. I know i want to work with people who have cancer and now i know of radiation therapy... is there anything else like it? so if anyone can please just help me out with some information, i would appreciate it. thank you

Members don't see this ad.