radiology interviews recieved yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullet

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an M4 applying for radiology and was just wondering if anyone out there has received interviews at Wake Forrest, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Colorado, Vanderbilt, or Emory. Its getting close to crunch time!

Members don't see this ad.

Im pukin'. Really nervous about getting interviews.

I figure that if I dont get it, I will quit Internal Medicine residency and be a hermit---doing research and roaming the land, until I match someday.

Any idea about average time frames for receiving interview offers?

I applied three years ago, in another life. I remember getting most of my offers in November and December. This year is likely to be different, and the calender is not being helpful. I predict that most programs will offer one or two dates in Nov - but Thanksgiving week is out. Then in Dec, the first week is out (because of RSNA) and the Christmas - New Years week is out. That leaves room for 2-3 dates. By mid-January, its all in the bag.

So my guess is that the majority of programs will start offering interviews in the next 2-3 weeks. If you have a couple already - that's great because that means that your application held enough weight without the Dean's Letter. Now that the playing field is as equal as it will get, the weeding process begins in earnst.

I could be mistaken. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an M4 applying for radiology and was just wondering if anyone out there has received interviews at Wake Forrest, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Colorado, Vanderbilt, or Emory. Its getting close to crunch time!

################

response:
Wake Forest - still waiting
U of Colorado- invited 1 week ago
U of Alabama- not applied
Vanderbilt- not applied
Emory- still waiting

I transmitted my application on October 24,2002. Yeah, really late so it may get a little hairy now. However, I did get interviews at Hopkins and UVA prior to deans letters. Don't know what to make of that. Good luck. Anyone else hear from the above places?

Wake Forest some time in October (can't remember when).