Radiology Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pags

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok fellow radiology hopefulls, I'm getting a bit concerned on my lack of interview offers. I'm a D.O. student with competitve credentials through and through and my ERAS applications have been available for almost 4 weeks. I've applied to 40 programs in NY and New England from which I've only received 2 interview offers. Some fellow students of mine have been getting littered with inteviews while my fingernails are going fast. If anyone has any words of encouragement, disdain, or humor, please add your comments below. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If one of the two programs that offered you an interview likes you then you will match. :)

A lot of program coordinators I spoke with noted that they look at the entire pool of applications before granting interviews.

I have heard that the following schools have offered interviews:
IU
UVA
Duke
Henry Ford

As for me I am still waiting, also. Hopefully by mid October to early November we should get replies one way or the other.

With regard to your colleagues, are they applying to Radiology, also?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I've been a bit nervous too. I applied to 30 programs a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back from any yet--I don't think it's too unusual actually, but still unnerving when I see my classmates getting offers from other specialties!

btw, do most schools invite via email or snail mail?

I can tell you that rejections are by email

From what I've been told, most programs will contact the applicant via email, however, contacts by snail mail (preferably without bacillus spores) or phone are possible as well. Radiology is getting really competitve guys; the senior unmatched rate is higher and higher every year. :eek: But, I'm still livin'

Out of my 40 or so applications sent in 1 month ago, I've gotten 5 interview offers and all but one of those were from midwest programs. Since 3 out of the 5 are from programs lower on my list, I'm hoping a lot of programs are waiting to offer interviews.

I forgot to say that 4/5 interview offers were via email and one with both email and a phone call. So check your email regularly!

Originally posted by pags:
•Ok fellow radiology hopefulls, I'm getting a bit concerned on my lack of interview offers•

What are your USMLE scores? Most rads programs tend to screen by score before offering interviews these days, especially for FMG applications.

Dammit, Jim! I got ganked (rejected) from New York Medical Weschester program. Uhg.