bosky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2002
SE
Status (Visible)
the threads here and on Aunt Minnie are getting me down...

If you know you want to do academic radiology... what is the best way to find a REAL mentor/role model? not just someone to write you a recommendation to get you into a program.

It doesn't seem to me that radiologists are really THAT involved in research - maybe it's just my local medical school, but it seems to be a cultural problem, especially because of the high salaries available to private practice radiologists....

Voxel

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Status (Visible)
Find someone at your school or at other schools who has a) published a lot or is publishing alot and b) willing to mentor you. They are out there you just have to look.

bosky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2002
SE
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the advice.

My research is cutting edge, my advisor has extremely good pedigree and is considered a leader in his area, yet not a single rad here seems interested in anything we do. Lately, I've considered giving away authorship just to "develop" a relationship with a radiologist...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.