1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Radiology residency info

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by ar2322, Jul 18, 2000.

1. ar2322

ar2322 New Member

I hear that radiology residencies were extremely competitive last year, and the same is going to be true this year. The various advisors and residency directors I have spoken to have not been very helpful re. such info, and I can't quite decide how many programs to apply to without knowing how competitive things are -- most books and web sites simply say -- "depends on whether you are applying to a competitive specialty..." How competitive is radiology these days, compared to, say, Ortho or Derm?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Batman

Batman Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ahh the irony. I was just thinking of starting a topic on Radiology. I'm sorry I can't help with your question, except to say visit http://www.medschool.com and look under the specialty profiles for radiology (if you haven't already done so). It's quite informative.

Perhaps you could help with my question, though. Can anyone out there comment on the pros and cons of Radiology now and in the foreseable future? I'd like to hear from current residents, interns, etc.. I'm especially interested in a DOs perspective.

4. fiatslug

fiatslug Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you might want to check out chrononet (http://chrononet.hypermart.net/)-- the MD who started the site is a rad onc guy, and he may answer some questions for you. Back in the day, Chrononet had the most active premed board out there...

I just checked the site, and it seems to be having some problems. It has for a couple of weeks. Hmmm.

[This message has been edited by fiatslug (edited 07-19-2000).]