Test Tools RAFFLE! - win an LWW mobile app of your choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraLWW

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LWW will give away a free app to 2 lucky members. Winners for the raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

LWW’s applications are designed exclusively for Apple handheld devices to deliver an exceptional user experience to health care students and professionals. With these applications and others you can navigate through fully annotated images with the flick of a finger, create your own pinpoints and labels to mark the structures you need to know, zoom and pan crystal clear images, in brilliant color with crisp detail, bookmark cards for quick reference in clinical settings or course review sessions, explore at your own pace and teach yourself in Study Mode, and test your mastery of the material in Quiz Mode.

Clemente’s Anatomy Flash Cards

Rohen’s Photographic Anatomy

Moore’s Clinical Anatomy Flash Cards

Be sure to take our student survey for your chance to win an iPad!

Members don't see this ad.

Moore's was a great anatomy text. Interested to see how it turns out as a smartphone app!

Where I can get a list of the lww apps available. These look great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where I can get a list of the lww apps available. These look great!

Thanks! We've got a few more in the works and Rubin's Pathology Mobile Recall App is one of them! Sign up to be a beta tester and you'll get a sneak peek before everyone else.

Last edited:
Can you annotate in these programs?

Can you annotate in these programs?

Hi abmd! Am I right that you're looking to customize your app experience? If so, you have the ability to create your own pinpoints and labels to mark the structures you need to know. Hope this helps!

What phones do the apps work on?

having both an iphone, and ipad, and the fact that i travel a lot, i prefer to have apps available for me at all times.

i used moores flash cards and i loved them! my friend had rohens and im jealous.

Many of LWW apps got me through physician assistant school (graduate in 4 weeks!!)

I start med school in july and i will be hopefully using inkling and ipad books!!!! though i wish there would be a discount for multiple book purchases or something. since i own many books already - it might be a stretch for me to have to pay so many new books again.

but i do highly recommend ios apps!

having both an iphone, and ipad, and the fact that i travel a lot, i prefer to have apps available for me at all times.

i used moores flash cards and i loved them! my friend had rohens and im jealous.

Many of LWW apps got me through physician assistant school (graduate in 4 weeks!!)

I start med school in july and i will be hopefully using inkling and ipad books!!!! though i wish there would be a discount for multiple book purchases or something. since i own many books already - it might be a stretch for me to have to pay so many new books again.

but i do highly recommend ios apps!

Thanks for your feedback on the cards. Congrats on your upcoming graduation and good luck in med school. Sounds like lots of schools will be using ipads. Inkling looks like a really great product with lots of potential.

Do this apps contain x-rays or just pure anatomy?

Would any of these apps be aimed for the clinical years/ residency training? Thank you!

Are these just labeled pictures or is there information (insertions, innervations, etc) for the labeled parts?

Does the app expire after a year? Or require updating?
Thank you.

Would any of these apps be aimed for the clinical years/ residency training? Thank you!

The app is recommended for:

Allied Health Student, Dental Student, Health Care Professional, Health Sciences Student, Medical Student, Nurse, Nursing Student, Physician, Pre-Med, Undergraduate

Thanks!

Are these just labeled pictures or is there information (insertions, innervations, etc) for the labeled parts?

The apps generally contain the following features:
  • Navigate through fully annotated images with the flick of a finger
  • Create your own pinpoints and labels to mark the structures you need to know
  • Zoom and pan crystal clear images, in brilliant color with crisp detail
  • Bookmark cards for quick reference in clinical settings or course review sessions
  • Explore at your own pace and teach yourself in Study Mode
  • Test your mastery of the material in Quiz Mode
  • Quickly locate any structure in the entire app using the comprehensive index
  • Instantly access additional information on Google
Structures provide additional crucial information about bones, muscles, nerves, arteries, veins, ligaments, topographic features, lymphatics, and organs.

Fully annotated images, including:
  • Pectoral Region and Upper Extremity
  • Thorax
  • Abdomen
  • Pelvis and Perineum
  • Back, Vertebral Column, and Spinal Cord
  • Lower Extremity
  • Neck and Head

Status
Not open for further replies.