Rain and interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay..now I am not happy :(
It seems that both interviews I have next week are going to be smack dab in the middle of these big thunderstorms!
Does anyone know what they do when it's raining? I can just see me now..drenched suit...walking into my interview :(

Members don't see this ad.

Take an umbrella and a raincoat! (You weren't really serious, were you?)

or maybe a Taxi? :D

and you arrive right in front of the door...

SMW, scooby and I have both lived in Cali, and we rarely see bad weather...

I think scoobs is a little bit overreacting :D

Members don't see this ad :)
yeea :)
damn..i don't have a raincoat..haha..who has one of those in cali????

Bring an umbrella and you will be fine. A lot of schools have covered walkways or skybridges between the school and the hospital, so you shouldn't get too wet on the tours.

Even if you do get wet (and you most likely won't anyway), no one is going to hold this against you in an interview. It's not as if they're going to say, "He/she didn't bring an umbrella and therefore wasn't prepared... they won't make a good physician." Don't stress... relax and enjoy your interview experience.
On a humorouse side-note, it's quite ironic that I didn't have weather problems at my interviews EXCEPT for at the school I'm actually attending now. Due to some twist of fate, we had the worst snowstorm of the year the day/night before my interview here last year. I did the post-bacc program, and therefore lived around the corner from the med school, and it typically took me 10-15 minutes to walk to school. Becuase of the storm, I figured I should leave early, so I left 35 minutes before the interview... more than doubling the time it normally took me to get there. At any rate, the sidewalks were packed with at least a foot of snow, and most hadn't been shoveled. There I am trying to walk to my interview in my suit, and desperately trying not to slip and fall on my ass, much less get my suit/shoes dirty/wet. So it ended up taking a little longer than planned, and I ended up getting there at the exact scheduled time of 9:00 according to my watch. Unfortunately, the clocks in the admissions office were 2 minutes off from mine, and the rest of the interview group was already in a nearby room listening to the dean of admissions speak. I sheepishly entered late, at which point he pointed out that I was only two minutes late, and that it wasn't that big a deal. Yeah, easy for him to say. Anyway, of everyone there that day (about 20 people), only two had interviews with the dean himself. Guess what? I was one of the lucky two, and this guy was the only person there who knew I was late. Talk about bad luck. At any rate, I apologized profusely, explaining how I knew I broke the cardinal rule of medical school interviews, and explaining the situation. He was quite nice about it and pointed out that it wasn't that big a deal, since it wasn't like I was 10 or 15 minutes late. Anyway, I ended up getting accepted, but I felt like a complete jackass the whole day. Incidentally, for those of you who point out that I should have left even earlier, I claim ignorance. I'm from California, and that was my first year experiencing snowstorms, and that was definitely the worst of the year... so there. :p

Originally posted by daveshnave:
•Even if you do get wet (and you most likely won't anyway), no one is going to hold this against you in an interview. It's not as if they're going to say, "He/she didn't bring an umbrella and therefore wasn't prepared... they won't make a good physician." Don't stress... relax and enjoy your interview experience.
On a humorouse side-note, it's quite ironic that I didn't have weather problems at my interviews EXCEPT for at the school I'm actually attending now. Due to some twist of fate, we had the worst snowstorm of the year the day/night before my interview here last year. I did the post-bacc program, and therefore lived around the corner from the med school, and it typically took me 10-15 minutes to walk to school. Becuase of the storm, I figured I should leave early, so I left 35 minutes before the interview... more than doubling the time it normally took me to get there. At any rate, the sidewalks were packed with at least a foot of snow, and most hadn't been shoveled. There I am trying to walk to my interview in my suit, and desperately trying not to slip and fall on my ass, much less get my suit/shoes dirty/wet. So it ended up taking a little longer than planned, and I ended up getting there at the exact scheduled time of 9:00 according to my watch. Unfortunately, the clocks in the admissions office were 2 minutes off from mine, and the rest of the interview group was already in a nearby room listening to the dean of admissions speak. I sheepishly entered late, at which point he pointed out that I was only two minutes late, and that it wasn't that big a deal. Yeah, easy for him to say. Anyway, of everyone there that day (about 20 people), only two had interviews with the dean himself. Guess what? I was one of the lucky two, and this guy was the only person there who knew I was late. Talk about bad luck. At any rate, I apologized profusely, explaining how I knew I broke the cardinal rule of medical school interviews, and explaining the situation. He was quite nice about it and pointed out that it wasn't that big a deal, since it wasn't like I was 10 or 15 minutes late. Anyway, I ended up getting accepted, but I felt like a complete jackass the whole day. Incidentally, for those of you who point out that I should have left even earlier, I claim ignorance. I'm from California, and that was my first year experiencing snowstorms, and that was definitely the worst of the year... so there. :p

my gosh that was such a long story
:eek:

lol but funny and I am glad it ended on a good note....