Raise your hand if you are still waiting for Yale :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about a list for all of us who are anxious to hear from Yale (in a positive way, i.e. interview of course) :D :D :D

I was complete and in review 12/8/03

(twiddling my thumbs)

I contacted them and begged that if they would interview me, it would be during my trip to the east coast at the end of the month. I haven't heard yet, and I am starting to worry. I just keep trying to tell myself that they could be pretty behind....

Treg

Members don't see this ad.

Complete and in review 12/16 - still no news!

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete and in review on 12/1 still waiting.

Im in the same boat. Complete late november. took them forever to even process my secondary and deposit the check

Complete and in review 9/13, still no word...you December people shouldn't even be worried.

Yeah I hear that - they had my stuff for what seemed like forever before my app was complete.

Oh well, I'm just saying a prayer to the Yale gods that they'll at least give me an interview. Admissions aren't rolling so maybe we still have a shot?

Anyone know when they stop offering interviews? I know they interview into March but when do you need to hear by to be offerred an interview?

I love Yale so much I hope they give me a chance. :love:

In review on 12/18, no word. I read on some other threads that two people complete in December have been already been offered interviews.

Has anyone tried calling Yale yet? any success?

Been complete since early September... no word.

I called them, and they told me that they send out invites till late February, so I guess, we shouldn't be worried too much right now.

Complete 12/2. <twiddles thumbs>

Oh, and isn't that status page worthless? What a tease.....:D

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
No one can beat my waiting time...been completed since end of August last year!

Here is the scoop from Yale (called today):

All applications have either received a decision or are "under review". However, they don't send any decisions out until mid march. They will interview through February, so they will only be inviting for a few more weeks. Also, an interview invite will come from the Dean himself.

Good luck everyone!

Treg:)

Wow, this thread must be good luck because I got an email today. Keep up hope, guys!

Originally posted by purplmarsh
Wow, this thread must be good luck because I got an email today. Keep up hope, guys!

Congrats! It really must be good luck! I got an e-mail invite today too!!!!! :D

Wow you guys! Congrats!

You made me hit the refresh on my email about 20 times ;)

I am hoping to get the good news next week, please God!!!

Treg
:D

Yep, still waiting. Complete on 11/6.

Originally posted by Elizabeth1028

Oh well, I'm just saying a prayer to the Yale gods that they'll at least give me an interview. I love Yale so much I hope they give me a chance. :love:

Same here...

Good luck to all

Waiting as well! Add me to the list! Good luck everyone! :)

Well I was complete in mid-August so maybe then I am in the 'decision' pile (= rejected) only they maybe haven't sent out the rejections. Did someone say that they wait until the end to actually reject people? Has anyone actually been rejected from Yale?

Originally posted by woolie
Well I was complete in mid-August so maybe then I am in the 'decision' pile (= rejected) only they maybe haven't sent out the rejections. Did someone say that they wait until the end to actually reject people? Has anyone actually been rejected from Yale?

Yes, they wait until the end to send out ALL decisions - acceptances, rejections and waitlists. Nothing about thier admisssions is rolling. Their decisions are sent out around the end of March, so it'd probably be safe to assume that if you don't get an interview invite by March 1, you're probably not going to get one, although I don't know for sure when they stop interviewing.

Originally posted by Elizabeth1028
Congrats! It really must be good luck! I got an e-mail invite today too!!!!! :D

I wished i was in your shoes guys... I totally love Yale, i would love to be part of their program or at least have the opportunity to interview with them. I have been complete since 10/24 and at this point I am starting to think that I will not be given the opportunity to interview there. When were you guys complete?

I hope that I get your same fortunte...

Good luck with your interviews.

Has anyone heard anything positive lately????

Treg

(getting cramp from thumb-twiddling)

;)

Originally posted by Treg
Has anyone heard anything positive lately????

Treg

(getting cramp from thumb-twiddling)

;)

Nope, but I just got an e-mail and let's just say I won't be visiting New Haven this year:(

You mean to say that they send out rejections by e-mail? Oh, that's just evil! I always assumed that rejections would come by snail-mail.
:smuggrin:

Originally posted by exigente chica
Nope, but I just got an e-mail and let's just say I won't be visiting New Haven this year:(

What do you mean? Yale shouldn't have sent out any decision pre- and post-interview yet.

No, long story...special case..but I got my closure now...time to move on..

Good luck to everyone else:clap:

post deleted

Last edited:
Originally posted by Newquagmire
it means mind your own business

Please. That post will of course peak the interest of those that applied to Yale? That question was expected.

Originally posted by G0S2
That question was expected.

The poster clearly expressed that she didn't wish to discuss it. Case closed.

Again, that question was expected. Case closed for sure, however, I do not blame the question asked. It is a public forum. Of course an applicant will be interested to know if another applicant's experience relates to them. Now, that is case closed.

it's called PM...

now that that's over, anyone heard from yale recently?

***bump***

Good luck to all of us who are patiently waiting :)

Treg

Complete 12/9/03. No invite yet. Losing hope.

complete 11/14
interview 2/12

-rompy

**raising hand** I'm waiting for Yale....to reject me. Good thing I won't be applying until another couple of years.

No it isnt... I called them yestrday, and they said that they would be sending out invites until the third week of this month. I guess that I have to bust out th etypewriter and write the most moving letter of intent there ever was - immediately!

Originally posted by mosoriire
No it isnt... I called them yestrday, and they said that they would be sending out invites until the third week of this month. I guess that I have to bust out th etypewriter and write the most moving letter of intent there ever was - immediately!

I guess it's now or never then :(

one more chance...I feel like I'm checking lottery numbers every time I open my email

my premed advisor said that i have no chance because i'm not ivy material for yale. he told me not to hope :( for it anymore.

WTF? Who determines what "ivy Material" is. I believe in believing to the death. If we all didnt, we wouldnt be here. It's not over until you matriculate at another school! Keep your head up!

I expect to hear from Yale in march :rolleyes:

So, is the end? Since 3rd week of Feb is over.