Raised my score 10 points!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teach

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many of you reading this will not believe it, but I want to tell my story for all of you that got your asses kicked by the MCAT. I took the MCAT two years ago and scored a pathetic 20. Yeah, that was the total for all three sections. I can make lots of excuses for the score, but the bottom line is that I did not study enough (obviously). BUT NOW, I spent the ENTIRE summer completely devoted to this test. I took the a review course and studied EVERY day. I reviewed lots of content (I graduated with a Bio degree in 1997), but primarily I did hundreds of practice passages. I did every practice test I could get my hands on and I stayed focused ALL SUMMER. Now granted, my current profession (biology teacher) provided me the opportunity to have the entire summer to concentrate only on the MCAT - but I did have to drive 2 hours each way every day to attend the review course. ANYWAY THE POINT IS - stop telling everyone how bad you want to be a doctor, shut up and do something about it. I did and it paided off (VS9, PS11, BS10). SO NEVER GIVE UP!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
congratulations....I just want to say I admire you so much! :D

I am proud of you...I know your going to be a terrific doctor!

Awesome..I raised my score 7 points :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, that is awesome.Iam sure it feels great when your hard work pays off.

wooohooo! good job.. mostly for having the courage to take the MCAT.. i will never ever put myself through that agony again.. :) congrats again :)

Teach,

WOW! I (like SCOOBY), also raised my score by seven points, but ten? That's awesome! I bet you are going to mess up those crazy "you-can-never-improve-on-the-MCAT" statistics that they put out! I truly admire your drive and determination. I unfortunately had to work this summer while studying, but tried to stay focused. Anyway, GREAT JOB! You deserve it :)