Raising GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatinGuitarrist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can you raise your gpa fast? lets say you have 6-8 months? getting As, of course, but what other ways have worked for your or can you advice?

Ed

Members don't see this ad.

Uh...getting A's. Can't really make old classes go away. I guess you could also try lying on your applications, but I think you'll get caught.

Members don't see this ad :)
P.E?

I assume you don't mean physical education.......

Bust it and stop playing that latin guitar.

on a more serious note, research can be an easy way to get A's, also sometimes an internship can be given credit and that's usually an easy A

just curious....would it be advisable to just take one science class for 1 semester and other classes totalling 15-17 credit hours to raise the GPA?

I was thinking of delaying taking organic chem and ace physiology...
I'd take organic 1 with physics 1 fall semester next year (junior year).

I'm basically making myself take an easier load where I'm almost positive I'd be able to get a 4.0, helping the gpa a lot.
your thoughts?

just curious....would it be advisable to just take one science class for 1 semester and other classes totalling 15-17 credit hours to raise the GPA?

I was thinking of delaying taking organic chem and ace physiology...
I'd take organic 1 with physics 1 fall semester next year (junior year).

I'm basically making myself take an easier load where I'm almost positive I'd be able to get a 4.0, helping the gpa a lot.
your thoughts?

Creative, but...your GPA is only a 4.0 for that semester. If you got a 3.0 the following semester, it would be the same as getting 3.5 for both. I also wouldn't want to pile harder classes into the same semester. Go for a mix of 'easier' and 'harder' classes. Don't take a bunch of easy classes just to get a 4-point one semester; in the grand scheme, no one is going to care.

Creative, but...your GPA is only a 4.0 for that semester. If you got a 3.0 the following semester, it would be the same as getting 3.5 for both. I also wouldn't want to pile harder classes into the same semester. Go for a mix of 'easier' and 'harder' classes. Don't take a bunch of easy classes just to get a 4-point one semester; in the grand scheme, no one is going to care.

sigh...I hate this "what if?" crap. Too many variables to consider and too little time:(

I figured out that I got a 4.0 for the semester it would raise my cumulative up .3 points...which I feel is substantial.....I don't know..have to think about it. The stress is getting to me..

Such unprecedented grade whoring makes me look forward to working with you all in medical school.

How can you raise your gpa fast? lets say you have 6-8 months? getting As, of course, but what other ways have worked for your or can you advice?

Ed

inventing a time machine and going back and not be ******ed

inventing a time machine and going back and not be ******ed

The only things worse than this thread are the *****s who are so boorish that they would criticize it in such a lame and politically incorrect manner.

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you have only 6-8 months? I'd say it'd be worth it to take your time and apply next cycle if it ups your GPA more. What's your GPA right now anyways? It might be acceptable as is.

Ed

If you go to an academically rigorous school, you could try going on a school sponsored study abroad program. I know 2 people at my school who boosted their GPA this way... plus improving your foreign language skills/ cultural competency could be a plus on your application.

I took a course called "Coaching Soccer" from my college coach and I got an "A". We pretty much just kicked the ball around a few times a week. But, heh, every "A" helps, right.

Searun

Ed
If 6-8 months till you graduate, well do as best as you possibly can. Afterwards, if your GPA is on the low end, consider taking a year or two off to do either post bacc or SMP. Check nontrad forum for more in detail info.

Ed

Well, what is your overall GPA, total number of credit hours, and your goal? You need the baseline numbers to predict what you will need to do. It may not be reasonable for you to raise your GPA to your goal in 6-8 months.

Ok i go toa very good engineering school (in the top 5, US Weekly) and i needed to raise my gpa after a **** 2nd year so my junior year i took 22 credits all serious classes got a 3.7 and for the spring semester took 21 and got a 4.0 and it made a huge like .45 difference to my overall gpa i would say take a course over load but u have to bust ur ass like no tomo. and this semester im taking 21 again. I don't have options to take humanities type bull**** classes b/c they aren't offered so i just take intro level mechie courses or civE courses when im a chemE. So work hard for the 6-8 months take like 22 credits if u can handle it.

At my school straightforward science classes are a lot easier to get As in that artsy ones.

You can write a pretty much perfect essay and still end up with a B in arts...if you write a perfect exam in science you get, well, perfect

Just take some beginner, intermediate sci classes?