ran out of time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fido

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you do at the last few minutes in the test if you found there is a whole passage in any section not answered yet ?are you going to choose the answers randomly like A,D,C B or choose all of the answer A or B or...
i know it is so random thing but i feel choosing one answer for the whole passage works better with me..any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

what do you do at the last few minutes in the test if you found there is a whole passage in the any section not answered yet ?are you going to choose the answers randomly like A,D,C B or choose all of the answer A or B or...
i know it is so random thing but i feel choosing one answer for the whole passage works better with me..any idea?

I'd just spend my time figuring out a better time management strategy than to just randomly choose answers. Time yourself when you take all your practice tests and learn to manage your time, just my two hundredths of a dollar.

when i sat for the mcat I had to randomly guess for at least one entire passage for each section. just go wiht one so that you have a decent shot of at least gettin 25 percent of the questions right

Random guessing is not something that you should actively plan for. If you gotta do it, do whatever, nothing is going to help you at that point. You have a 25% shot at the answer regardless of which answer you choose. Choose C if you subscribe to the more orthodox view of guessing, or, if you're a Grey's Anatomy fan, choose B. Or make zigzags. Do what the last guy said and work on time management so that you don't end up having to guess.

actually, i think this is somewhat of an interesting question:

if you have maybe 2 minutes for a section worth of questions, would it be more worthwhile to just answer them all randomly and go back and check other answers or try to answer all of the questions without reading the passage so as to save time.

i think i would skip the passage and try to answer the questions independent of it, especially for physical or biological sections