Random classes or minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpharez

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in my last quarter of school (fall 13) I only need one more class for my major to graduate. I can't go part time so I was wondering if I should take classes working towards a minor or if I should just take random humanities classes?

If I do a minor I will have to take summer classes. If not, then no.

Also, I plan on submitting my AMCAS app in June so does anything after that really even matter anymore? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Take whatever classes interest you. Med schools don't care about minors, and IMO I would never take classes over the summer unless absolutely necessary.

Ok thanks. That's what I was leaning for which would free up my summer to do secondaries.

My whole reasoning for doing a minor was that some CA schools require a lot of humanities for matriculation. I was gonna work toward fulfilling that requirement with a minor, but I guess taking random humanities would also be ok...(23 year old in classes full of freshman might be fun/easy?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks. That's what I was leaning for which would free up my summer to do secondaries.

My whole reasoning for doing a minor was that some CA schools require a lot of humanities for matriculation. I was gonna work toward fulfilling that requirement with a minor, but I guess taking random humanities would also be ok...(23 year old in classes full of freshman might be fun/easy?)

Random classes will be more fun. In trying to fulfill a minor you'll likely take courses you don't want to. Don't. You'll likely never get another chance to study medieval literature or ancient philosophy. These so-called random classes, if chosen with your own interest in mind, will mean much more during an interview.

Random classes! It will be more enjoyable/less stressful for you. Apparently, med schools don't care about minors...

Based on the GPA on your MDapps, I would just take classes with the easiest reputation at your school. That way you can get a few more A's and bump your stats up a bit.