Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Random musings

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mystique, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, so I came here this afternoon to take a break from studying. Usually, this board puts a smile on my face, but today I was just "shocked" by all that I read. Has this board undergone some sort of change within the last um...24-30 hrs? When I was here yesterday everything seemed fine, and then all of a sudden "BOOOOM" people are in each other's faces. Needless to say, this is not what I was expecting to read on my "study break." I KNOW it's my fault for coming on here and reading; I should have psychic forewarnings about this kind of stuff. Is there a need to get at each other's throats just b/c of this and that? I'm no licensed counselor, but take your frustrations out on a punching bag and just imagine that punching bag to be whoever (I hope I'm not promoting violence...) :confused: :(

Anyways, I'm just going to go back to my books (interferons and interleukins are so much fun to learn about...).

My mood's kind of dampened after reading all this and my own post (my own fault). I hope all of you have a better day.

2. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sorry dude, i wasn't at anyone's throat specifically, just pissed at kaplan. won't vent again.

3. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I think that there are a few reasons for some tense messages recently...

*MCAT scores came back for a lot of folks, so the two months of build up and waiting suddenly turned into opening one little envelope. And those scores can sometimes change your course of action and plans, and there might be frustration and confusion and venting sometimes about those three numbers and one letter.

*Med school acceptances are starting to show up... and along with them waitlists and rejections. Which definitely makes the pre-med in all of us edgy!

*There certainly are plenty of current events that we hear about everyday and worry about, and the tension from that can slip into other areas of life.

just my two cents, and I'm no expert on this subject. But I hope you're feeling better Pendulum!

Hope everyone has a great evening :)

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I think you hit the nail on the head, elle.

Pendulum, thanks for your post. I was just kind of ignoring the ugly posts in hopes they'd go away.