Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XIX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, I started a random thread! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

500: Chariots of Fire
1000: Eye of the Tiger
2000: Overture of 1812 (with emphasis on cannons)
3000: Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto
4000: Livin' on a Prayer
5000: 5,000 Miles
7500: Another One Bites the Dust
10K: We Will Rock You
15K: William Tell Overture
20K: Celebration
30K: We Are the Champions

Members don't see this ad :)
*sigh* thanks for taking over, Oxeye.

the excitement of getting not just my oven but also *GASP!* DSL today wore off very very quickly when 3 hours after the guy left, my DSL stopped working and cannot find a signal. so after an hour and a half of the guy being here, 3 hours of it working, and 45 minutes on the phone with tech support, they're going to be sending a truck out on Saturday to figure out what the %^*# is wrong. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
oxeye - I slept all afternoon today. And still feel like I could sleep more. :( On the upside, I ate 5012 popsicles today! :thumbup:
Mmmmm, popsicles!!

I hope you are feeling better soon. I seriously can't believe how much I slept yesterday. I literally could not keep my eyes open at some points. I think it was food poisoning. Everyone else is fine and we ate at an "iffy" Carl's Jr on the drive home Monday and I got sick just a few hours later.

I feel soooo much better today, though. I'm even going to go out and get my husband a bday cake in a few minutes.

I talked with the nicest guy today from Ontario... he was my tech support dude. I should have told him "hey, I know this really awesome hamster up your way... are ya single?"

Thanks for thinking of me Penguin :laugh:

Mmmmm...can't decide if I'd like an orange or banana flavoured popsicle

So who here likes The Office? I must say it is a very fine show.

:laugh:
I was going to ask if they were "taste free" as well...

:smuggrin: :smuggrin:

I was jst on facebook and I saw that Ben and Jerry's across the country is giving away a free cone on April 17th. Just thought I'd share for you icecream freaks. :D

On a side note, Paul Farmer gave a talk at USF Health today. He has a good sense of humor and seemed somewhat humble. I liked that he injected humor in his talk and made it mroe general rather then a boring research talk. Instead, he was discussing the kind of work he does overseas and projects he's done with his organization (PIH) and what not. It was amazing to see how those severely bone thin malnutritioned sickly aids patients went from anorexic looking to healthier looking more like an average person with the aid of his help in treating them as well as the aid of those in Haiti and Rwanda who run the clinics and hospitals.

:smuggrin: :smuggrin:

I was jst on facebook and I saw that Ben and Jerry's across the country is giving away a free cone on April 17th. Just thought I'd share for you icecream freaks. :D

On a side note, Paul Farmer gave a talk at USF Health today. He has a good sense of humor and seemed somewhat humble. I liked that he injected humor in his talk and made it mroe general rather then a boring research talk. Instead, he was discussing the kind of work he does overseas and projects he's done with his organization (PIH) and what not. It was amazing to see how those severely bone thin malnutritioned sickly aids patients went from anorexic looking to healthier looking more like an average person with the aid of his help in treating them as well as the aid of those in Haiti and Rwanda who run the clinics and hospitals.
Oooooooooo I am officially jealous!!

The lecture I was supposed to go to on Monday was cancelled :( I was very disappointed.

Yeah I've had to get get caught up on all the episodes. Season 2 is some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

Best...Show...Ever...
i second that

image_2366862.jpg

pingouin - I meant to say feminazi instead of feminist. Nothing wrong in being a feminist, but that doesn't mean wearing no makeup, showering, wearing perfume, nice clothes, etc. to make a man happy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.