Random non–MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread Part XXX!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TRIPLE X randudes and randudettes!!

I had to start the new one b/c the old one should have technically been closed a while ago, and we need reviving!! RANDOM THREAD MUST NOT DIE! :)

And just for yucks, here's a dog with a bunch of tennis balls in his mouth!

4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, no more restrictions on number of posts... However, since the new title is so much cooler with the inclusion of the "XXX", I decided, unilaterally, of course, to close the last one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Now that the beast is over, I'm back to "non-mcating". Fabulous.

Two weeks til school's out. I'm buying a WII soon... I decided I need to have a little more fun in my life. After all, that's what the lag year is for, right?

Random video games = :love:

awww.. cute dog, pb&j!!

so TECHNICALLY since there are no restrictions on number of posts in a thread anymore, we COULD combine all 30 Random threads into one megathread. I'm not sure we're ready for that, though.
oh haha, how did i miss that new rule?? :p

XXX is more fun though. :)

Hey guys!

Now that the beast is over, I'm back to "non-mcating". Fabulous.

Two weeks til school's out. I'm buying a WII soon... I decided I need to have a little more fun in my life. After all, that's what the lag year is for, right?

Random video games = :love:

i am jelous and am now wishing i took the test with you guys (THE PLAYOFFS ARE GONNA KILL ME!!!)

i strongly advise you buy smash bros and mario worlds post haste.

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter how often I see it happen here on SDN, I always feel hurt, that is sad and angry, when members attack my character for no reason. There is a prevalence of, "I'm a level or two above you, so sit down newbie and STFU..."

Just because I haven't yet ascended to that level, doesn't make my comment less worthy of consideration, or less valuable and true. Oh well.

No matter how often I see it happen here on SDN, I always feel hurt, that is sad and angry, when members attack my character for no reason. There is a prevalence of, "I'm a level or two above you, so sit down newbie and STFU..."

Just because I haven't yet ascended to that level, doesn't make my comment less worthy of consideration, or less valuable and true. Oh well.

its spillover from medical hierarchy. its insane but even on a message board, some crazy 3rd or 4th year will "look down" on you for being a 1st/2nd year. its even worst with some of the attendings that post on here sometimes. its ridiculous but thats all it is, don't take anything on here personally.

its spillover from medical hierarchy. its insane but even on a message board, some crazy 3rd or 4th year will "look down" on you for being a 1st/2nd year. its even worst with some of the attendings that post on here sometimes. its ridiculous but thats all it is, don't take anything on here personally.

Thanks for the perspective. This sort of thing is always good to hear. :thumbup:

BTW, you must be excited, as you start your residency very soon. Heck, I'm excited for you. :hardy:

Thanks for the perspective. This sort of thing is always good to hear. :thumbup:

BTW, you must be excited, as you start your residency very soon. Heck, I'm excited for you. :hardy:

thanks spicedmanna! :D

yeah, graduation is may 10th. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. its just surreal at this point, ill believe it when i see the diploma. :laugh:

thanks spicedmanna! :D

yeah, graduation is may 10th. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. its just surreal at this point, ill believe it when i see the diploma. :laugh:

Wahoo!

Now hurry up and get on an admissions committee so that you can do me a favor! :D

Any idea where you'll be next year! Exciting!

thanks vihsadas!

i matched in NYC, going to one of the top manhattan programs for residency. madness, just soooooooooooooo happy.

New to random thread, but congrats Arsenic! You definitely deserve it.

Also, anyone else wonder if any of our own doctors are SDNers? Hard to picture some of us in the lab coats after some of the things that we've posted. :laugh:

says the freak that already has a med school acceptance and is still trying to learn biochem as an undergrad. :eek:

did you end up going to class after your late night of posting or what?
no, I did not.

and then, to smite me, God had my next-door neighbor call me at 7:55am to ask about some repairs he's doing on my house. "I wanted to catch you before you left for work" he says. :oops:

ugh, what a pain!

anyone have ideas for extremely easy organic lab experiments? anything we do in the next week and half is bonus for our lab grade... which I need all the help I can get (since our lab counts fifty percent)

ugh, what a pain!

anyone have ideas for extremely easy organic lab experiments? anything we do in the next week and half is bonus for our lab grade... which I need all the help I can get (since our lab counts fifty percent)
you could isolate lactose from milk. get your hands on some nonfat dried milk and go to town! :)

Hey randomites,

I'm taking a LOA and going into Emeritus status for a bit as I get my life in order. There is lots going on right now and more to come in the summer, if everything goes as planned. As some of you know I am an HPSP candidate and if I get the scholarship, I will have to into COT training, which will make me unavailable for basically the entire summer. My plan is to be back in full active duty beginning in the fall.

I'm still planning on stopping by and being of service when I find the time.

Hey randomites,

I'm taking a LOA and going into Emeritus status for a bit as I get my life in order. There is lots going on right now and more to come in the summer, if everything goes as planned. As some of you know I am an HPSP candidate and if I get the scholarship, I will have to into COT training, which will make me unavailable for basically the entire summer. My plan is to be back in full active duty beginning in the fall.

Good luck Spiced! I'll try not to screw up the forum too much while you're gone. hah. (I'm sure that I'd get a spanking from Q and Ping if I did anyway. :mad:)

good luck spicedmanna!!

moving sucks! I hate it. al in one place and halfway settled in. it'll take a few days to get it good and "lived in", but I like the new place.

in bed with a heating pad. I'm getting old. ha.

Hey randomites,

good luck!!!!

hi beary! same old, same old here. surviving through the end of my post-bacc, one day at a time. 5 days, one quiz, and two finals to go! :)

then it is summertime, lots of wii play, and my brand-new shadowing position in neo(natology)!! I'm incredibly excited and want to start yesterday!

RANDOMITES!!!!

How are you my friends?

Same old, same old with me. Working hard, playing WoW, have a cute niece and nephew. :)
beary!!! it's been way too long! how are ya??

i'm almost done with first year, can you believe it? two weeks from friday and i'm done!

Had to claim some first page real estate on XXX.

Hooray for HoHo's return! And for Dr. As! And my for my gals getting into med skool!

I'm jealous of your summer break PB&J. I don't get out until July. =(