Random Poll: Did you enjoy physics more or ochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physics or Orgo

• Physics

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Organic Chem

Votes: 61 83.6%

• Total voters

LuckBloodandSweat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally I loved physics so much more :). (Might have to do with my bad orgo grades vs good physics grades lmao)

Members don't see this ad.

Ochem 1,000,000,000 times more.

I never understood why I need to know the centripetal force exerted by a satellite orbiting Earth...

Reactions: 4 users
Ochem 1,000,000,000 times more.

I never understood why I need to know the centripetal force exerted by a satellite orbiting Earth...
I'm pretty neutral towards ochem. Didn't love or hate it xD. Idk I like applying math and word problems I guess... Was also fun using calculus in physics II >: ).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty neutral towards ochem. Didn't love or hate it xD. Idk I like applying math and word problems I guess... Was also fun using calculus in physics II >: ).

But that makes sense considering you're good at math and seem to enjoy it. I took physics without the calculus and still struggled :laugh:

Physics 1 >= OChem 1= OChem 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Physics 2

Reactions: 1 user
Physics 1 >= OChem 1= OChem 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Physics 2
Interesting lol. For me it's Physics 1~Physics 2(harder but more challenging and kinda fun) > Orgo 1>>> Orgo 2(did so awful in this class).
But that makes sense considering you're good at math and seem to enjoy it. I took physics without the calculus and still struggled :laugh:
Well actually for physics I i took it without calculus and switched to the one with calculus for physics 2 :rolleyes:. I just liked it too much and my teacher thought i was up to the challenge. Also wanted to prove something to my engineering friends/friends in calc based physics that they weren't all that xDD.

Ochem all the way. No math, just puzzle solving for me. I could do ochem problems all day for fun..

Ochem all the way. No math, just puzzle solving for me. I could do ochem problems all day for fun..
A lot of my friends are like that too xD. Most people love it or hate it. I find myself stuck in the middle :(. I am having an identity crisis ;)

Gen chem > ochem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> physics. I barely passed 2 of my physics classes LOL.

If they had a physics section on the DAT, I would have gotten a 12 Phys 14 TS 16 AA

Reactions: 3 users
I only took ochem 1 and physics I.

Enjoyed them both, but probably preferred ochem

Gen chem > ochem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> physics. I barely passed 2 of my physics classes LOL.

If they had a physics section on the DAT, I would have gotten a 12 Phys 14 TS 16 AA
Oh I don't mind gen chem at all lol! My best DAT section although did pretty subpar in the classes :(. LOL this may have been my dream and my dream only but I would've liked physics on the DAT and no PAT section. Maybe I could get a 25 AA then ;) with a 26+ physics (now i'm just being a jerk)

Oh I don't mind gen chem at all lol! My best DAT section although did pretty subpar in the classes :(. LOL this may have been my dream and my dream only but I would've liked physics on the DAT and no PAT section. Maybe I could get a 25 AA then ;) with a 26+ physics (now i'm just being a jerk)
Ewww...
JK. I would've honestly done horrible hahaha. OC is my saving grace.
And let's all be real if we gotta..
Pchem > Ochem > Gchem
:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
To be fair, I rocked kinematics, but when it came to electricity and magnetism, and right hand rule (or was it the left hand rule? hmmm..... :thinking:) I was so lost.

Reactions: 2 users
To be fair, I rocked kinematics, but when it came to electricity and magnetism, and right hand rule (or was it the left hand rule? hmmm..... :thinking:) I was so lost.
Not the biggest fan of those rules but I was able to figure it out reasonably well :). I liked how involved the integrals got in physics II. Barely did a derivative in physics I lol.

In comparison to ochem and biochem, pchem was straight up savage...

Ouch physics getting no love on this forum huh

Organic! For me it's not close!

Organic was actually really fun and easy to learn for me. I was actually teaching my friends.
Physics on the other hand... well the labs were easy ;)

Sorry to jack your thread dude..

But anyone have thoughts on Integral Calculus (I think it's called Calc II in the states). Math/physics have always been things that interest me, but I've never considered myself particularly talented at them. For this reason, despite loving differential calculus in first year, I have refrained from taking anymore math courses and I am now going into my (hopefully) last year of undergrad.

Since this might be my last chance to take undergrad courses, I was thinking of taking some courses that interest me, as opposed to the usual bird courses I take. However, GPA is king at the end of the day, and if the calc II horror stories are true I might have to rethink this.

Thoughts?

Oh I was awful freshman year. Dropped my GPA slightly I guess. I had about a ~3.1 gpa that year. Makes me want to cry and jump off a cliff. Worst year of college grades wise.

Oh I was awful freshman year. Dropped my GPA slightly I guess. I had about a ~3.1 gpa that year. Makes me want to cry and jump off a cliff. Worst year of college grades wise.

Damn I may have to rethink this man. Don't worry about your old marks man, can only move forward from here.

High school -> University can be a rough transition, but it seems that you have worked hard and learned from the experiences.

Damn I may have to rethink this man. Don't worry about your old marks man, can only move forward from here.

High school -> University can be a rough transition, but it seems that you have worked hard and learned from the experiences.
Oh yeah I was so lazy in high school and still pulled off good grades. College literally destroyed me. Heck I didn't even learn my lesson the 2nd year either. Took till I was a junior sadly so my grades are permanently in shambles. Thanks for the encouragement :). I'm just hoping my low GPA doesn't lead to another 20+ rejections...

I hated physics. Especially E&M.
It's interesting that both of these courses are very 3 dimensional when it comes to their concepts.

I hated physics!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Organic is a puzzle. I really liked both ochem 1 and 2; really, they were probably my favorite hard science courses.

I disliked both so much when I took the classes, but I've begun to love orgo when re-learning the material from Chad.

Loved ochem. So much so that I considered taking a pure synthesis + lab course in ochem.