Random questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowjellybean

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On my work activities, I mentioned that I shadowed a doctor and helped him with stitches. Nothing I can do about it now but should I not have mentioned that? I only held the stitches for him to pull through and wiped the blood off, but didn't elaborate this on my app.

Also, is verification taking a long time because there is so many people or because they are just slow this year?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

On my work activities, I mentioned that I shadowed a doctor and helped him with stitches. Nothing I can do about it now but should I not have mentioned that? I only held the stitches for him to pull through and wiped the blood off, but didn't elaborate this on my app.

Also, is verification taking a long time because there is so many people or because they are just slow this year?

Thank you

Are you he you helped him with stitches? That sounds somewhat unbelievable.

Edit: that made absolutely no sense... Carry on

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To answer your question, that sounds pretty benign. I wouldn't worry about it.

Why did you include it, though? I doubt helping a guy put in stitches profoundly influenced your life.

To answer your question, that sounds pretty benign. I wouldn't worry about it.

Why did you include it, though? I doubt helping a guy put in stitches profoundly influenced your life.

It was just a brief description (1 sentence) in my work activities. I just said i shadowed him and helped him with sutures.

Just say you shadowed him. If you mentioned that you helped with suturing it just sounds like you're trying too hard to impress.

Thank you

I think my opinion should carry as much weight (i.e., none) as any other pre-med applicant's.

I say don't worry about it. You reported what you did. I'm sure he could have done his stitches just fine without you but you got to participate so why not mention it?

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't trying to impress, I was just going through the descriptions and listed what I did. My app was already sent before I asked the question, but I just wanted to make sure me putting it down wasn't alarming to anyone.

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't trying to impress, I was just going through the descriptions and listed what I did. My app was already sent before I asked the question, but I just wanted to make sure me putting it down wasn't alarming to anyone.

Oh in that case, they probably won't notice the suturing part, or they'll think it's cool. I should've read more clearly.