random thought for apr 2003

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cHocoBo 118

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering but.... for instance since there was an EKG passage on the aug 2002, is it fine to think that they wont have an EKG passage for the apr 2003 MCAT? Hence not worry too much about studying EKGs for april.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think that the MCAT does a good job of bringing forth a new set of recondite questions and passages every administration. There is no reason whatsoever to study EKGs beyond their most basic elements. A better gameplan would be to focus on the underlying concepts that embody these new passages. This has always been a successful strategy I can't imagine why it should be changed.

Don't take anything for granted. Besides, the EKG passage was not to test over your knowledge of EKG's. There was only one question on that whole passage that asked you to draw upon previous knowledge about the cardiac contraction cycle. The rest were application/interpretation questions.

I wouldn't put it past AAMC to an EKG again in a different context and ask a ton of different questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Something to keep in mind is that not every form had an EKG passage on it. I've found that content varies widely from test form to test form, and it all depends on the form you get that day. It was easier for me to study all of the basics and know that ANYTHING could be asked.

I didn't see EKG in any of my science review books....did you guys? Kaplan claims to be pretty comprehensive in their review, yet nothing on EKG in their physio review. :(