Random thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Popoy

SDN Super Moderator
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing the number of post with the Pre-Allo and Pre-Osteo and just when Pre-Osteo is about to catch up, it seems that Pre-Allo forums starts up again.... Can't you see I'm bored?! I woke up pretty early today and just surfin' the net.... Osteo seems to be well ahead of the Allo forum, but not the pre-osteo over the pre-allo.... Just random thoughts and random observations....

To those of you who I met at the forum, it was nice chattin' with you folks!!!

Okay That's it... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm continuing my random thoughts.... Been in this forum for some time now and notice that it's hard to get response about questions on or about the NHSC Scholarship.

I think I was actually the first to even post up some of the questions asked during the interview.... Is it some type of hardcore competition to get the scholarship?! (nothin' meant bad about the comment, just thoughts)....

Anyway, if NHSC recipients are out there, I sure would appreciate responses on the trend about the scholarship, especially about the taxation on the it.... With that random thought, I'll retire for the night....

me again with my random thoughts...

The pre-osteo forum is definitely going slow this time around.... I think the pre-allo got a bit of a boost because of the paranoia going around about MCAT's, waitlist, etc.... I wonder why that's not brought up in this forum? Paranoia of stuff... that is.... :D

Later peeps...

Members don't see this ad :)
Popoy,
I appreciate the random thoughts and all of your comments and advice for the rest of us, they keep this list fun and helpful. I think they should make you the forum leader. :) Keep up the good postings. :D

PalCareGrl!!! Hello!!!

I started this trend just to show some of my random thoughts, but never expected anyone to make a nice comment back....

BTW, I appreciate your participation as well in the forum....

I was once an academic peer advisor and I guess that once you're an advisor you're always imparting some advise.... at least some thoughts on any question.

As much as possible, I would like to continue on with this forum. Every post that I have seen thus far have gone through my head at least once in my pursuit of going into medicine.... So I'm more than happy to give my two cents in things as long as I know the subject matter....

I hope you, too, keep on posting!!!

See ya' around the forum.... Thanks for the nice thought.... :)

:cool:

Hey Popoy, maybe your random thoughts can keep the pre-osteo forum ahead of the pre-allo forum! ;) Just a thought. He!He! :D :) :D

:D :D :D LOL!!! :D :D :D

That was pretty much the initial thought on doing this random thoughts trend....

Hey, it's somewhat working thus far.... :D

Keep on postin' pre-osteo folks...

Later peeps :cool:

Here's another random thought...

Did anyone know that there's a difference between Osteopathy and Osteopathic Medicine?

That's why there has been a shift in the meaning of the "D.O." degree....

It used to be Doctor of Osteopathy.... Now it's Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine....

I think the point was to distinguish between the osteopathic physicians in the USA vs other Osteopathy being practiced in places like Europe.... just a thought.... I read that in a book somewhere.... Anyway, does anyone know for sure?! Maybe I need to go back to that book.... :D

Later.... :cool:

Originally posted by Popoy:
•[keeping the pre-osteo forum ahead of the pre-allo forum] was pretty much the initial thought on doing this random thoughts trend....

Hey, it's somewhat working thus far.... :D

Now that's just not fair, Popoy. ;)

:D

Hi Jamier2!!!.... :D

:D

Random Thoughts from SLEEPLESS IN DES MOINES!

Many a times, I've asked other of their opinion about starting early....
And Many a times, they say are you crazy....
Just chill'....

I also learned that the First Aid Review book for the USMLE is a valuable source of information for the study of the boards....

With that in mind, I've also read that it's good to utilize this book as a source to outline you're own notes for the first two years of medical school....

So if I have the First Aid, then as I follow along the classes then I can get more familiar with the First Aid book... Come boards time, then I'll be ready....

The overachiever in me is coming out again from this tiredness and sleeplessness (is that even a word?)....

Just thought I'd share that for those that are going into medical school.... Maybe something you can do... or maybe not....

There's a rule of 2's that I've learned in the chatroom....
2 months before STEP 1
2 weeks before STEP 2
2 days before STEP 3 (Okay, I made up this last one... b/c I forgot it)....

With those thoughts.... I retire for tonight/morning.... :cool:

Hey Popoy, it looks like the pre-osteo forum is lagging behind the pre-allo forum again. :( I think its time for you to enlighten us with your wisdom and get this forum roaring again! :D

Homer J

How about a "deep thoughts" post by Popoy?

Homer J

I thought about that "deep thoughts" by Popoy... similar to SNL!!! :D

I also notice the lag in pre-osteo forum.... My theory is that everyone posts on the osteo forum thus bringing this one down....

Sad to see that we're lagging behind but I see no pre-osteo motivation to post....

I was thinking about posting something new and title it "DO SUCKS!!!" and then for the body paragraph.... say..... ".... NOT!!!!" :D

Maybe then people will start posting.... :cool:

I am finally a senior member!!

I am doing a BrainLinks program for 4-6 graders. I wanted to try out some of the brain jokes on you.

Where does the hippocampus live?

On Memory Lane!!!

When does it rain brains?

During a brain storm!!!

What do neurons use to communicate with each other?

Their Cellular phones!!!

You're probably busting a gut by now. Thanks for testing the yuck yucks.

Lisa.... Those were pretty funny.... Do your students understand the connection to the joke and the keyword?