Random vocab question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Constellation

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot think of a word so I thought I would bring it to you. The definition is similar to pleiotrpy but in a more general sense. When a molecule has multiple effects on the body and not just the singular function we generally assign. Like insulin, it has many more effects on the body than just regulation of the blood glucose concentration. Estrogen would be another example. It has been linked to effects on longevity as well as auto-immune disease. If anyone thinks they know the term I am trying to think please help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Constellation said:
I cannot think of a word so I thought I would bring it to you. The definition is similar to pleiotrpy but in a more general sense. When a molecule has multiple effects on the body and not just the singular function we generally assign. Like insulin, it has many more effects on the body than just regulation of the blood glucose concentration. Estrogen would be another example. It has been linked to effects on longevity as well as auto-immune disease. If anyone thinks they know the term I am trying to think please help me out.

hormone

Members don't see this ad :)