rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimj82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on a thread that almost 98% of AMGs get their top 3 with most at number 1. Does anyone know or have heard how far most IMGs usually go on average, if they match in the first place? Obviously it depends on the competitiveness of the candidate, especially to match at all but say if you're a decent one - a slightly (or maybe more) above average U.S. IMG? Just wondering how likely I'll land up in the top 3rd or middle 3rd or, ugh, bottom 3rd of my ROL. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Certify your ROL, hope for the best, and relax until March 18.

We have about as much predictive power as Cleo:

miss-cleo.jpg

"CALL ME NOW for Ya Free Readin!"

yeah i've certified and am trying not to think about it. but i was just wondering what usually happens

yeah i've certified and am trying not to think about it. but i was just wondering what usually happens

While I understand this is stressful for you (and every senior med student) you should take FT's advice. Obsessing about the mechanics of the Match is not constructive. Matching into one of your top 3 programs all depends on your competitiveness as a candidate and the competitiveness of the programs you are ranking so it's impossible to statistically predict what will happen..it's not as if 98% of AMGs rank only MGH-caliber programs or rank only lower tier community-based programs...everyone is looking for the best fit and the stats will be what they will be. Best of luck!