Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of these programs would you put first?

• Yale

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • University of Michigan

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • University of Wisconsin - Madison

• University of Washington - Seattle

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • University of Virginia

• Total voters

aldorvie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post their top 1 or 2 choices here. Since it is all anonymous, I thought it would be neat to see where everyone is thinking about for their top choices. There are so many great programs out there! Good luck to everyone!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

My top two choices are UNC and MUSC. I was impressed by many of the programs I visited but I really felt that these programs were strong academically but still had laidback residents. I go back and forth over which one I'll rank first but I would honestly be very happy to end up at either one.

Anyone else making major decisions?

Has anyone gotten interest letters from programs that say that they will rank them "highly?"

I am not sure yet. I like 5 programs a lot (heck, I went to 10+ interviews). Maybe I will wait until I gauge some interests before putting in the rank list. How do you guys gauge interests?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received any letters or phone calls telling me I'm going to be ranked "highly." Should I start to worry?

Several programs sent me follow-up letters or emails saying that they would rank me highly or hoped to see me next year. A couple told me that they would be touching base with me during late January/early February.

A few programs told me on interview day that they did not have any contact with applicants following interviews.

I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing from programs at this point. Many places are still interviewing and might want to look at all applicants before sending out any letters/phone calls. Also, you can't put much stock in what the PDs say about their level of interest; for all we know, they could tell half the people they interviewed that they will rank them highly.

Edited to add: A few follow-up letters I've received I felt were genuine because they were so in-depth or I received letters from multiple people at the program. I doubted that the people who sent them would have enough time to send similiar letters/emails to each applicant since they were very long and were obviously not form letters as they had so many specific references to my application/interviews.

Just wondering where you are in med school.....thought perhaps we might have run into each other on the interview trail.....i am in Maine and I also liked MUSC A LOT!!!!

prwunecom I pm'd you.

I have decided on UW-Madison. I think it is an excellent program with a lot to offer.
I wish you all the best in making this tough decision, and I hope you all match your first choice.
:clap: