Rank Order List - Alphabetical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FMGuy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's definitely that time... time to start thinkin' about Rank Lists!! ;)And one thing that has worked in prev years (based on the ARCHIVED threads...with dozens of ppl contributing) :) was "posting top 3-6 programs" in **ALPHABETICAL ORDER**, just to get a sense of which programs ppl liked. :idea:

So I guess I'll get this ball rolling... mine IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER are:

Carolinas (Charlotte, NC)
Emory
Fairfax, Va (VCU)
Morton Plant (Clearwater, FL)
Moses Cone (Greensboro, NC)
UNC - Chapel Hill

Members don't see this ad.

alrite i guess i'll play along....

Kaiser Riverside
Kaiser SoCal (Los Angeles)
Memorial Hermann (TX)
Univ Buffalo
UPMC Mercy
UPMC St Margaret

best of luck to everyone

I'm in

Christus Santa Rosa (San Antonio, Tx)
Great Plains (OKC, OK)
University of Missouri Kansas City (KC, MO)
University of Oklahoma (Tulsa, OK)
Via Christi Medical Center (Wichita, KS)
Wesley Medical Center (Wichita, KS)

I thought all these programs were strong and were what I was looking for. Now just a matter of waiting for March 20:eek:

Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good idea FMGuy
Who's loving these programs with me :love:

Columbia (NY)
Georgetown
Jamaica (Queens, NY)
Montefiore (Bronx)
Univ of Maryland
Univ of Penn

Good Luck Everyone

Here goes, in no order

UofMichigan - Chelsea
UofWisc - Madison
MacNeal - Chicago, IL
Christ Hospital - Cinicinatti
St. Mary's - Milwaukee

Anyone else kicking it in the Midwest? Show some love.

Definitely loving the Midwest, Dr. Watson. (And also the West Coast)

In no order:

U Michigan
U Wisconsin
Thomas Jefferson
Santa Rosa
UCSF

I'm finalized and ready to rumble:

Asheville, NC
Billings, MT
Grand Junction, CO
Santa Rosa, CA
Ventura, CA

Counting down the days 'til the 20th.

Now that what's done is done... perhaps for future generations of the FM match.

Maine Medical Center (Portland, ME)
Rose (Denver, CO)
St Anthony's (Denver, CO)
St Joseph's (Denver, CO)
St. Margaret's (Pittsburgh, PA)
Swedish (Denver, CO)

:love:

Obviously I have feelings for Denver, but these are all great programs too.

Rose (Denver, CO)
St Joseph's (Denver, CO)
Swedish (Denver, CO)

Perhaps it's from spousal job concerns, but I'm not surprised Fort Collins didn't make your list. On the other hand I thought the Denver programs were great and particularly enjoyed the crew at Swedish. Good luck on the 20th!

Thanks Frij!
Yeah, you're right on both counts about Ft. Collins...
Now that everything's all finalized, why don't you tell us yours? ;)
and good luck to you too, and to all of us. :luck:

Rose (Denver, CO)
St Joseph's (Denver, CO)
Swedish (Denver, CO)

alrite another UPMC St Maragret's! best of luck to you celestron:thumbup:

Good luck to all of you.:luck:

Can't wait till I do this next year

Thanks Frij!
Yeah, you're right on both counts about Ft. Collins...
Now that everything's all finalized, why don't you tell us yours? ;)
and good luck to you too, and to all of us. :luck:

I left my heart in Santa Rosa and I'm keeping my fingers anxiously crossed 'til the 20th. I'd be happy at a few other places but definitely disappointed if I don't end up there. Here's to setting yourself up for disaster!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am third year looking at FM residencies and am planning on doing a rotation next year at Fort Collins. I have heard a couple of good things about the program, but not from anyone recently. From reading your last couple posts it sounds like you did not have a good experience there. Would you mind enlightening me about the Fort Collins FM program.

I am third year looking at FM residencies and am planning on doing a rotation next year at Fort Collins. I have heard a couple of good things about the program, but not from anyone recently. From reading your last couple posts it sounds like you did not have a good experience there. Would you mind enlightening me about the Fort Collins FM program.

I was in your shoes last year, and the only reason I didn't end up doing an away there was that the application was extensive. Meaning they wanted a personal statement, even LORs IIRC. Unsurprisingly, I didn't have my act together that early in the year. Regardless, I was stoked to interview there but didn't love the place when I spent a day there. You'd get great training and work hard there, sure, but you can say that about a lot of places. Additionally they had to let a couple residents go over the past few years for performance issues. I don't know details, the PD was very upfront about everything, but it still made me nervous. It just didn't feel like a fit. My advice: apply, spend some time there and figure it out for yourself. If I've learned anything from this process is that it's an entirely personal thing. My impressions of programs have sometimes been entirely different from some friends who've interviewed at the same places. Good luck!

About Fort Collins...
My impression was that it was a good program, maybe very good, with cool peeps, completely unopposed, etc...
I had two big concerns
1. Would my husband be able to work in Ft. Collins or commute to Denver A.) Probably could get a job in Ft Collins, but not one he was excited about... VERY long commute to Denver
2. The residents seemed to be stretched too thin. They all said that they were having problems with cross coverage and needed at least one more resident per year. This problem should largely resolve next year as they will be adding another position... then, not now.

Hope that helps.
:)

Thank you guys for your help. My wife is also a little concerned about finding a job in Fort Collins. I have heard it is a very desirable place to live an work. I know what you mean about all the crap Fort Collins requires for their clerkship. I feel like I have been working it for like a month! I guess I will just have to wait and see what I think if I do a rotation there. Hopefully by next November they will have an extra resident and everyone won't be stretched so thin. Good Luck to you all in the upcoming match!

T-minus 7 more days kids....:scared:

Come on guys...only 8 of us are matching into Family this year? I know Family is unpopular but I hope next Thursday that more than 8 people are going to be posting where they end up.

Now is time to "Chillax" ...

Come on guys...only 8 of us are matching into Family this year? I know Family is unpopular but I hope next Thursday that more than 8 people are going to be posting where they end up.

It's kind of sad when surgery or ER has pages upon pages full of rank lists and we have 1 page:laugh: Oh well better odds for us matching.

BTW 4 days till Monday and 8 days till the grand daddy of em all:eek:

in abc order...

contra costa county (martinez)
Jefferson
OHSU
Santa Rosa
Sutter Sacramento
UC Davis
UCSF
UNC
Univ. Utah
UW

in abc order...

contra costa county (martinez)
Jefferson
OHSU
Santa Rosa
Sutter Sacramento
UC Davis
UCSF
UNC
Univ. Utah
UW

Ack!!! Funny how right now I don't want Santa Rosa to be on anyone's list but after match I'll be hoping it's on everyone's. Looks like a great line-up, my b*tching aside.

YAY now we have 9 people matching into Family Medicine this year.:smuggrin: I too find it kind of strange how few of us have posted on this thread despite it being viewed 1700 times. :thumbup: Who would have thought that every other specialty has put our thread to shame :cool: when comparing rank list participation.

I'm sure the c/o 2009 would greatly appreciate it, just as we did a year ago. Relax, it's completely done.

Good luck everyone!!

:luck:

Believe me, we are as nervous as you are. Okay, well maybe not AS nervous, but we can't wait to find out who we got ALMOST as much as you can't wait to find out where you're going! ;)

Colorado St. Joe's
Colorado Swedish
Santa Rosa
UCSD Combined
Ventura

Ball Memorial in Muncie, IN
Boise, ID
Caldwell, ID (Rural Training Track for Boise)
Colville, WA (Rural Training Track for Spokane)
Contra Costa in Martinez, CA
Cox in Springfield, MO
Fort Wayne, IN
Lincoln, NE
McKay-Dee in Ogden, UT
Memorial in South Bend, IN
Natividad in Salinas, CA
OHSU in Klamath Falls, OR
OHSU in Portland, OR
Pocatello, ID
Spokane, WA
Tacoma, WA
UMKC in Lee's Summit, MO
Ventura, CA
Via-Christi in Wichita, KS

I decided to rank all 19 programs where I had interviewed (Anyone else crazy enough to go to so many?), just for thoroughness' sake. :) I had tried to seek out all the strongest broad-spectrum FP programs that would prepare me best for a full-scope rural underserved practice, including OB w/C-sections, endoscopy, ER call, etc. (Some of these 19 are actually lacking in either C-sections or endoscopy training.) Putting the ROL was a tough job - there are a lot of great programs out there (I'm sure I missed some!), all with their own advantages and disadvantages. Good luck everyone in the match!

my top 5, in alphabetical order:

UCLA
UCSD
UNC, Chapel Hill
UTMB - Galveston
UW (Seattle)

obviously I am not attached to any particular area of the country. I just don't like snow.

MAHEC - Asheville
MAHEC - Hendersonville
Maine Dartmouth
Pocatello, ID (ISU)
Vermont
Washington, PA

I like them all! Good luck everyone.