Rank Tests (not AAMC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been said before, but some of the threats are older....not sure if there is a new consensus and new people too so lets hear what's good and what's not!

Your choices, as the title suggests....are NON AAMC TESTS!

Kaplan 1-11 (go into as much detail as you want...I know most say 10 and 11 are garbage)
TPR 4110-4150 (previous posts say these are pretty good?)
Berkeley Review (Heard these were killer)
EK 1-3 (I know these are hard)
Gold Standard (Not many people use these)

So let me and everyone else know what y'all think.

Remember nothing about prep material....just the tests!

Members don't see this ad.

While I really hope this is not the case but I really think the Kaplan CBT scores are inflated. For instance, I got 70% of verbal right today on Kaplan and got a 13. I also got a 12 on Kaplan 2 with 80% right.

Just to compare it to AAMC, I normally score around a 9 (even though I got an amazing score of 6 on the real thing in April) Figure that out.

I also think the Kaplan tests are too heavy on calculations which makes it difficult for me to finish in time. You also do not have to get as many correct to get a good score. For instance 70% can be a 7 on AAMC when 46% can be a 10 on Kaplan (Kaplan 2 I believe).

I don't know, but all in all I don't think any tests are accurate in determining what youll get, including AAMC.

- Maybe I am just inconsistent though.