Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rank the Medical Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Doctor TRuth, Oct 20, 1999.

1. Doctor TRuth

Doctor TRuth Senior Member

Is there a list of Osteopathic Schools that Ranks them?

------------------
    Khan

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Sorry Dr. T, not a one.
    US News & World Report gave props to MSU-COM, UNECOM, and WVCOM on their to 50 primary care school rankings. The reality is all the schools are better or worse based on their individual merits. Truthfully I think they avoid being ranked at all costs. Osteopathic medicine tries to avoid an air of competition. Everybody has their own biases, uh I mean opinions. I suggest you look at yourself and decide what is important, as doctors around what the most important part of their education was, and find a good match. I tried to get rankings myself for a long time. If you find it, post it because it's news to everyone else here.

------------------
    From one thing learn 10,000 things..
    -Miyamoto Musashi

4. Doctor TRuth

Doctor TRuth Senior Member

Rhil: Thanks for the information, but the key thing to realize about the U.S news ratings is to take it with a grain of salt. As i was told by a good friend, the ratings use methods that are not always of sound research. Therefore, while its good that the osteo schools are ranked in the top 50, but in reality, i am not so sure about their individual merit.

Will keep u posted if i find any thing of interest.

------------------
    Khan

5. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

I know USN&WR uses things such as total research money brought in to help rank their schools (NIH funding). This makes the rankings VERY partial against DO schools since DO schools do far less research letting the faculty focus on training doctors.