Rank your Top 3 choices in Texas so we can gauge our chances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Baylor - 1
UTSW - 2
UTH - 3
UTMB
UTSA
Texas Tech
A&M

Please add to the list in such format:

Baylor - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1
UTSW - 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3
UTH, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 5,

etc....

Members don't see this ad.

Baylor - 1
UTSW - 2
UTH - 3
UTMB
UTSA
Texas Tech
A&M

Baylor - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1
UTSW - 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3

etc....

So are you going to withdraw the UTMB acceptance to help the rest of us out!!!!!! ;) Just a question :)

So are you going to withdraw the UTMB acceptance to help the rest of us out!!!!!! ;) Just a question :)

WannaDoc, I'll make you a deal. If you contribute to this thread, I will give up my seat at UTMB.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor - 1, 1
UTSW - 2
UTH - 3, 2
UTMB
UTSA - 2
Texas Tech
A&M - 3
(no way I could choose between UTSA and Houston) :)

Baylor - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1
UTSW - 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3

etc....

WannaDoc, I'll make you a deal. If you contribute to this thread, I will give up my seat at UTMB.

I would love to add but I haven't been able to decide between my three yet :mad: Wish I could!

1. UTSW or UTMB or TAMU
2. UTH (boo Houston, yeah TMC)
3. TTECH

until last week i leaned heavily towards 1) baylor and 2) utmb and uth. wasn't keen on utsw due to personal feelings. but then i attended a talk by ellen vitetta of sw that was freakin' amazing, and it reminded me how sw's research portfolio interests me far more than that of baylor. :(

it'll be interesting to see how many hear back from sw.

i am just curious as to why many of you ranked A&M rather low?

I'm not sure where I want to go.

Baylor - 1, 1
UTSW - 2
UTH - 3, 2
UTMB - 1
UTSA - 2
Texas Tech
A&M - 3, 2
TCOM - 3

i am just curious as to why many of you ranked A&M rather low?
Disadvantages with A&M, IMHO are that:

1. (Most) people have to move between years 2 and 3.
2. No clinical exposure until year 3.
3. Focused on rural, primary-care (only a disadvantage if you want to specialize, like me.)
4. Much less exposure to both quantity and quality of pathologies than at schools in major cities.

For me, however, I think that A&M still might rank higher than UTMB (because of UTMB's absolutely $hitty location.)

This is my current ranking (I still really haven't made up my mind of how to rank schools in my top 3, but I'll put UTSW first, because they're the only school to give me an acceptance at this point :) )

UTSW 1
Baylor 2
UTSA 2
UT-H 4 (Didn't interview here, but if I did, this is how I would probably rank it)
TAMU 5
UTMB 6 (Location, location, location :thumbdown:)
TTU 7
TCOM 8 (Didn't apply here, but if I did, this is how I would probably rank it)

Disadvantages with A&M, IMHO are that:

1. (Most) people have to move between years 2 and 3.
2. No clinical exposure until year 3.
3. Focused on rural, primary-care (only a disadvantage if you want to specialize, like me.)
4. Much less exposure to both quantity and quality of pathologies than at schools in major cities.

For me, however, I think that A&M still might rank higher than UTMB (because of UTMB's absolutely $hitty location.)

This is my current ranking (I still really haven't made up my mind of how to rank schools in my top 3, but I'll put UTSW first, because they're the only school to give me an acceptance at this point :) )

UTSW 1
Baylor 2
UTSA 2
UT-H 4 (Didn't interview here, but if I did, this is how I would probably rank it)
TAMU 5
UTMB 6 (Location, location, location :thumbdown:)
TTU 7
TCOM 8 (Didn't apply here, but if I did, this is how I would probably rank it)

Sorry guys, don't mean to be a nag, but can we please keep to the format?

UTSW/Baylor: 1
UTH/UTSA/UTMB: 2
Tech/TTU: 3