Ranking advice: UC Davis vs Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm ranking Stanford #1, but can't decide between UCD and LL for #2.

I tried doing a forum search, but there's not much info on Davis or Loma Linda. Dept websites don't help either.

Can anyone who interviewed at these programs and took notes, please post a mini-review of each? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey RSX,

Didn't you say that you interviewed at UW and VM, and that you liked them?

I would rank both of these above UCD or LL (unless you have something against Seattle...)

I liked UCD for its decent hours and affordable location, but a couple of the interviewers said some self-defacing things like "Why would you want to come HERE?"

Well, rank lists are in, so this info can't posibly help you. I'm just typing to pass time until Match Day!

It all depends on what you are looking for in a program. Personally, I was all about comraderie and the general feel I had for the residents (are they happy?) Also note that LLU is a religous institution....even if you aren't that religion, you are still required to follow some of the tenets. Or at least realize that a lot of your co workers (nurses, techs, residents) will be following those tents.

Case in point is the recent flap over the LLU anesthesia resident having an affair. Supposedly there is a lot of stuff up in the air about that. Nurses refusing to work cases and whatnot. That might want to go into your consideration, as who knows when all that will blow over?

If it were me, I would rank UW over both LLU and UCD, and rank LLU last. But it has to be your gut feeling.

EJ