Ranking help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jerseygirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me out with any personal input for ranking the following for categorical IM. I am familiar with all the statistics they give on interview day, but I'm interested in any personal experiences from people at these programs, or what people have heard from friends/colleagues at these programs. Feel free to PM me. thank you thank you thank you!

SLR
St. Vincent
Lenox Hill
BIMC
North Shore LIJ
UMDNJ Newark
Maimonides
NY Queens Hospital
Winthrop

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone who is in the anesthesiology program @Maimonides in New York and likes it. I don't have personal knowledge of the IM program there. It is a busy city hospital in Brooklyn, with lots of clinical experience. For IM I would think there might be a lot of social work issues (? poor patients, lots of non English speaking, etc.) but that isn't based on any personal experience. I know that the residents there are unionized, but my friend said that she couldn't tell any difference between this hospital and others she has worked at as a trainee, in terms of pay, working conditions, etc. I believe they take union dues out of your resident stipend, but I don't think the dues are that much...