Ranking of the Pharmacy Schools in US!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDLawrence

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the ranking of Pharmacy schools in US?
Thanks!~

Members don't see this ad.

This has been covered about a million-billion times on here. Use the lovely little search function.

But really you don't need to look at them anyway. They mean nothing. The rankings have no real effect on getting a job and are based on opinions/research $, not actual quality.

not to mention i've seen posts saying they felt lecom was (or should be) ranked amongst the best schools in the country. now i cant say where it should be ranked, but i cant think its one of the best schools out there as far as quality of life while in school and qual of education is concerned. i think your best bet is to talk to ppl who goto or went to the schools you are interested in. and get specifics for why each school is bad or good.

Members don't see this ad :)
not to mention i've seen posts saying they felt lecom was (or should be) ranked amongst the best schools in the country. now i cant say where it should be ranked, but i cant think its one of the best schools out there as far as quality of life while in school and qual of education is concerned. i think your best bet is to talk to ppl who goto or went to the schools you are interested in. and get specifics for why each school is bad or good.

How about the following 3 schools?
1. UCSF
2. U of Texas
3. U of North Carolina
Thanks!~

915018511.jpg

rankings are worthless. go to school where you will be the happiest and most successful.

1. UCSF
2. U of Texas
3. U of North Carolina
Thanks!~

According to U.S. News and World Report. So what. What's your point here?

rankings are worthless. go to school where you will be the happiest and most successful.

well i'm guessing thats what he (she) wants and thats why he's asking. rankings are worthless, but i dont think every school is the same. just talk to ppl who goto the schools you're interested in, that's where you get the best info IMO, not some outside source that decides how to rank them.

1. UCSF
2. U of Texas
3. U of North Carolina
Thanks!~

Well....I can safely say their locations are as different from each other as night is from day.

Really....what kind of ranking are you interested in? How much grant money each school receives? What the pass rate on the NAPLEX is?

What are you looking for?

i recommend not looking at the rankings. They will only make you frown upon the schools that are not listed in the top X number of schools. Yet the schools not mentioned may be your dream school. So I recommend you disregard the rankings unless you are looking at research grants and stuff.