ranking of / thoughts on these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

washedupceleb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about, or would be able to rank the following programs:

1)BU, 2) Brown U, 3) Westchester Medical Center, 4) Jefferson U (Phila), 5) Albert Einstein-Montefiore, 6) University of Maryland, 7) George Washington U

I am thinking I want to do cardiology fellowship.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1 - Brown
2 - GWU
3 - BU
4 - Monti
5 - Jefferson
6 - UMD
7 - Westchester

My 2 cents...

doctobe80 said:
1 - Brown
2 - GWU
3 - BU
4 - Monti
5 - Jefferson
6 - UMD
7 - Westchester

My 2 cents...

1. bu, monte (tie)
2. brown (very close to above, plus happier residents)
3. jeff
4. umd
5. gwu
6. westchester

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to seriously question doctobe80's call here with GWU that high (esp over BU). I'm assuming doctobe80 was born in 1980 so we can cut him/her some slack (im just kidding). I've only really checked out BU and GWU and can say that BU is very academic with a solid reputation. GWU is not so academic and BU places people at some amazingly competitive fellowships.
So theres another opinion.

barrytee said:
I have to seriously question doctobe80's call here with GWU that high (esp over BU). I'm assuming doctobe80 was born in 1980 so we can cut him/her some slack (im just kidding). I've only really checked out BU and GWU and can say that BU is very academic with a solid reputation. GWU is not so academic and BU places people at some amazingly competitive fellowships.
So theres another opinion.

I'm a little torn...because I know Montefiore and BU place people really well at good places...but I LOVED GWU when i went there to interview...

1. bu, brown, montefiore

2. jefferson, maryland, gwu

3. westchester medical center.

i kind of broke them up into 3 different classes. less differences between programs within the classes, yet it isn't a huge jump from 2 to 1. if you really like gwu, i would rank them highly, number one if you like. i don't think the other programs are so much better that i would over rule someone's feel of the program.

washedupceleb said:
Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about, or would be able to rank the following programs:

1)BU, 2) Brown U, 3) Westchester Medical Center, 4) Jefferson U (Phila), 5) Albert Einstein-Montefiore, 6) University of Maryland, 7) George Washington U

I am thinking I want to do cardiology fellowship.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

For all those considering the Yale program, heed the following:
Privately, residents from Yale are saying the program has suffered a high attrition rate lately. Apparently a third year resident was "dismissed" from the program, and many have left from other years.